Love her in rainbow

"I want to break up" 
She meant it to sound lighter, with less weight to the words, to cause less pain, but no matter how many times she had practice those words, in front of her mirror, before going to sleep, in her dreams, with fellow daughters of famous actors that didn't understand the heaviness that those words carried, they always held the same weight, the same meaning. She was letting go, letting go of something that, to her, should have never existed, never.  And no matter what words she uttered, what tone she used, those words only meant one thing, "I am done with this", they didn't tell the whole story, no amount of words could ever tell the whole story. She knew those words would crush Jason, the weight of them would add themselves to the heavy backpack he carries since he was a young kid.
Piper had hoped she was wrong, but she saw it, in his face, he was hurting. 

"Was it- Was it something I did?" he said, his voice was calm and controlled, as it always was. To anyone it would seem that Jason was perfectly fine, that he was not suffering, but Piper knew the person that sat in front of her, his hands clenched the fabric of shirt, his eyebrows were up, this way avoiding emotions from showing through– a boy raised by Lupa.

"No, of course not"

Jason, in fact, was the perfect guy. He was a nice man, who treated her with all the respect in the world; he opened the door for her, he helped her study when she struggled with some of her classed, he cooked Piper her favorite dinner whenever she received another call from her father announcing he wouldn't be coming home for yet some more days, and he even left Piper her own space to be the heroine of her own life– he was prince charming, the perfect boy and anyone would be lucky to have him in their life. Piper wanted, even needed, Jason in her life, but maybe not as a... boyfriend.
This thought had always been in Piper's mind, Jason was her best friend; they shared secrets, jokes that no one but they could understand, and they even shared trauma. And sure, they kissed from time to time, they held hands and acted like a couple, but none of that made Piper feel anything. Jason was Piper's first romantic relationship so it was easy to fool herself, she had nothing to compared it to, as far as Piper knew that was how love felt like, because if there was something she was sure of, was that she loved Jason Grace as long as the sun shone, but it never occurred to her that in this world, the humans that live in it have the ability to love in different ways, in different quantities.
She loved Jason in yellow, she learned.
And Piper had those memories, those memories Hera planted in her head, those memories from a time in which she was sure she loved Jason in red. So maybe, that was what love was, that was how a romantic relationship worked, felt like.
But then Piper kissed Annabeth and she felt everything.  One color could not define it, not red, not burning red, not yellow, not the brightest yellow, it was everything, every color.

"I cheated on you"
"I- What?"

She was not supposed to say that. In all the scenarios that she had practiced, telling Jason about - that, had never been an option, never been somethignhe he needed to know, he wanted to know.

"With Annabeth"
But she panicked. Maybe with these words that were not practiced, said by memory like a monologue, she was hurting him more, but now that she stood face to face with him it seemed... wrong, to talk with any other words that weren't brought from her heart, it seemed wrong to not tell him the truth, the whole truth.  So she told him everything, with the words that she could master in her state of panic, of desperation to let the boy- the man that was in front of her know that he was a star, that star that everyone always was glad to find, to recognize among the millions of other stars, to let him know that nothing was his fault, that he had done nothing wrong– that it was all her fault.

"I- I know it was wrong... so wrong. I got lost in the moment... and what I am trying to say is, I am sorry, so sorry"

It was not supposed to happen. Annabeth and Piper, a night of exploding colors that coloured the walls, was not supposed to happen. Piper was only supposed to go to Sally's apartment to print something, Annabeth was not supposed to be there; Sally was. Annabeth was not supposed to look so beautiful, as she always did. Piper was not supposed to love her in red, she was supposed to love her in bright yellow– she did not love her in either. Piper was not supposed to hear her screaming heart that longed to love Annabeth in rainbow.
Annabeth kissed her first. Piper followed. And the voice in her head, that sounded a lot like Jason, that got her out of bad situations, that warned her of danger, of the stupidity of her own actions, was muted by the intensity of their lust.
The whole of Piper's self shone, shone in the whole of the color spectrum, it was not red, not burning red, it was not yellow, not bright yellow, it was not orange, not pacific orange, it was not green, not fresh green, it was everything, Piper could feel everything, see everything; love finally made sense.
It was wrong, Piper would realize, but it felt so right.

Fears and screaming minds that in other circumstances would mute out their longing heart, where thrown out the window as their lips met and their hands travelled through the puzzle that one another were, trying to make sence of it. 

"Why did you do it?"

The second Annabet's lips touched hers her mind went bright, bright of colors, of every color, it was so much, so much perfection, that forgetting about Jason had been easy. But, Piper guessed, that if she had somehow remembered Jason, the boy she was supposed to be kissing instead of Annabeth, she would not have stopped, she would have not backed away.
Annabeth's lips on her felt right.  When Piper kissed Jason, although she kept doing it and she didn't exactly regret it later, something, someone inside her longed to pull away, told her it was not right, begged her to keep Jason as a friend and nothing more.

"I don't know why-" Piper interrupted herself, "I guess I did it because it felt... right"
"It felt right to cheat on me?"
"NO, of course not. It felt right to kiss her"
"That's exactly the same, Piper" 
"No it isn't. Cheating on you was one of the worst mistakes of my life and I regret it every second, but kissing her, kissing Annabeth, it felt, it felt as something that was fated to happen. Yet, I know, I know, it shouldn't have happened while I was with you" Piper paused, shocked her head slightly and took a big breath, " Jason. You are one of the most important persons in my life, you make laugh, you keep me sane, you make my days worth living, and, seriously, I don't know what would be of me if you weren't part of my every day, I want you, I even need you in my life, but maybe not as a boyfriend"
"What do you even want me to say? What are you even trying to say?"
"What I am trying to say is that, even if I hadn't cheated on you, we would still be having this conversation, we would still be breaking up. And it isn't anything that you have done or, in the case, haven't done, it is all me, all me."
"Piper..."
"I want, and I have tried so hard, to love you. I wish that you were enough, because you are enough and more, for someone else. I can't love you, not that way, not romantically. I- I don't like you, I don't like people like you, I don't like boys."
"You like girls, only girls?"
"Yes. I am sorry Jason but there is nothing that I can do, I can't choose to like boys, to like you and believe me, I have tried"
Jason held his breath as he counted to ten, grounding his thoughts to the earth, "Do not apologize, you have nothing to apologize for, well, you do, but you do not need or have to apologize for who you like, as you said, it isn't as if you could choose it. Of course, this hurts me, because I do love you, but because I love you I am happy that you will be able to be, in the future, with someone that you are capable of loving me, even if that person isn't me."
"How on the gods of Olympus are you such a good person?"
Jason chuckled, "It's a talent, beauty queen. Now, if you'll excuse me, I will go see how my friend Percy is taking, your's and Annabeth's adventure"
"Yea... Sorry about that, again. Tell Percy I am sorry too and uhh, I'll understand if you don't want to have anything to do with me anymore"
"I just need some time to process all of this, but, after that I would love to go back to being friends, if that is okay with you"
"If that is okay with me? Of course it is!"

---

Hello. It's been a while since I made an author note, but I have been wanting to say this for a while, I love and encourage everyone to leave comments in my stories even if they have nothing to do with my story, but I will be asking everyone to be respectful of me and others. I have come across some not-so-nice comments and I would like to not come across any other. 

Also, in a less serious tone, In "Emily Copper 2", do please understand that I know that Clarisse x Chris is the cannon ship and everything, but for that story, I chose to go for a ship created by me. I know all the comments are made with fun or whatever, but this is just to make it clear for those of you who have reached out to me to explain that Clarisse already has a boyfriend. But I must admit, also, that I do laugh by the amount of love some seem to have for Clarisse and Chris, maybe I should make a one-shot for them?

Anyway, thank you all for reading this story soon I will be back with new parts!

 Also, soon I will start publishing a new fanfic; it is called "Crisis" and it is a Reynabeth fanfic, that will follow Annabeth as she realizes that she is, in fact, lesbian and all the journey that includes. It will also follow her as she loses her best friend and as she falls in love for the first time in her life.