Like the moon (Percabeth)

"Isn't she beautiful?"

"Very. But don't you think she might get lonely?"

"Never"

"Never?"

"Never like forever, can't quite be sure. I talk to her every night, at least I hope she isn't lonely"

"I'll talk to her too"

"Just not when I am talking to her, I'd like for her to listen to me"

...

The first time I saw her was under the moonlight. She laid on her bedroom floor, arms and legs spread in a star position, eyes focused on the constellation of stars displayed on her roof. The room was covered in shadows, barely dimmed by the moonlight that filtered through the blinds. The first time I saw her, I have to admit, I stared.

When she noticed me, she turned to her side and then her stomach to look at me:

"Like the view?" she asked. My checks burnt and I was sure that she knew exactly what she was doing and the meaning of those words. "I mean," she smiled innocently and looked up again, "Aren't they mesmerizing?"

"Yeah" I omit the fact that until then I had not paid much attention to the fluorescent stars, "Yeah, They are"

"Who are you, by the way"

"Oh, sorry, I am Percy, Percy Jackson"

"Jackson, huh? Must be the son of Poseidon Jackson"

"The one and only, well not only, I have brothers"

She laughed. "I am Annabeth Chase. I assume mum sent you here so 'the adults could talk'?"

"Yeah" I chuckled, "Those weren't the exact words she used, but... anyways, don't worry I won't ruin your night. You do whatever you had planned, I won't disturb "

"You have way too much faith in my night, Jackson." she said, "Lay here with me, do you know anything about the space?"

"Not really"

That night we spoke for hours on end. She told me about her favorite constellations and she tried to make me imagine them. She promised to take me to see the real stars one day. I told her about the ocean, about the whole new world that hides in it, a world we will probably never truly understand. We talked about our dreams and our fears. We spoke of our families and our friends. We emptied our lungs of air and we filled the room with memories.

And when it was time for me to go;

"Give me your number, will you?" I asked

"Can't have enough of me, can you?"

"You wish"

...

"You know, sometimes I find myself within the moon. She is memorable and hypnotic, but she is alone, even when she is surrounded by millions of stars"

"But you told me she was never lonely"

"Well, not now" She said, looking at me, "Now she has me"

"Now you have me. I'll never leave you alone"

...

After that day there wasn't a day in which we didn't hear of the other. It was like a drug, I could never quite have enough of her.