Frederic Chase

Imagine if Annabeth's father had been told about Percabeth in Tartarus:

If there was one person Frederick Chase knew he had fallen in love with it was Athena, of course, he later learned she was not a person but rather a goddess, still, his feelings remained the same. Their relationship had been so pure, so perfect, almost as if made in heaven, and then she disappeared leaving behind a child for him to raise and a note explaining the circumstances

At first, he had hoped to see Athena again, he would keep an eye o|pen for her every time he and Annabeth went out of the house, he would stare at the sky hoping to see any sign of the goddess, but it didn't happen, Athena did not appear back in his life and their love story was forgotten to never be shared again.

It was when Annabeth ran away that he believed his connection to the world of the gods had ended, at first, he had been happy; Annabeth came into his life in a blink of an eye, one second he was dating this beautiful, wise woman and the other he had a child and no memories of ever having done what is needed to make a child, Annabeth was not someone he had been expecting. But then the absence of his little girl began to be noticed by him; despite the way Frederic treated his child, he loved her really really much and he wanted no harm brought her way, of course, he was not good at showing this, just as Marius's grandfather in "The Miserables".

He was not dumb, he was not ignorant, of course, he knew the percentages of death that condemned his daughter. He had been wise enough to catch the goddesses of wisdom's attention, of course, he knew that the chances of losing his daughter to death were big.

He knew all too well, and not getting attached had seemed like a good idea. But it seemed that he was not that wise, after all, it seems he forgot he was a father and that as a father he should love and care for his child, no matter the information the numbers give you.

At least he understood this at some point, you know what they say, better late than never.

He got attached, he learned to love his daughter, just mere months before the letter of his nightmares flickered into existence on his study floor.

...

Frederic had imagined more times than he cared to admit, how his reencounter with Athena would be, in none of those imaginary scenarios his encounter was through a letter and in non did he wished, afterward, that specific scenario had not happened at all.

Arriving at his house Annabet's father found a letter lying on the floor, it looked important and he had some time in his hands to read it, how he hoped he had not, how he hoped it was all a lie;

Dear Frederic,

While I shouldn't be writing this letter, it seems unfair for you not to know about the current events that are meddling with the continuity of existence of our daughter.

Back to your own knowledge, us gods are having a rather big identity problem, if I may call it somehow, both our roman and greek sides are fighting to win control over our minds, with this, it is of much importance to know that with this problem, the chances of war are lingering over our heads, and has been for some time now.

Heroes are working to save us all, don't worry.

My time to write is short, might as well get to the point of discussion. These heroes, even if rather impressive, can't hold, can't live through everything. Even if I hold our daughter in the highest of stems, even if evidence shows that she is capable of the impossible, even when she succeeded where others have failed before her, even if the worst threats aren't even a threat to her when she and that boy work as a team, I fear this time, no amount of wisdom or power will help her survive the troubles that awaits them below.

Even I doubt my abilities to survive if I were to have fallen. And even I, we, as gods, can't help or see them anymore: they are on their own.

As it is, important in seemed to me to let you– and the mother of that boy, Perseus– know of the dangers those valiant demigods found themself in. The heroes have fallen into Tartarus and now not even the faiths could tell us of their future.

Miner- Athena.

And that was the moment Frederic Chase regretted every single decision, regarding his daughter, that he had ever taken, because she was most probably dead or on the verge of dying and he could no longer mend things with her and be the father she deserved.