Hades

"Care for another drink?" Hades asked as I glanced over at Zeus.

"Sure." I replied, holding out my glass.

Hades poured the liquid courage into my glass before setting the bottle down with a small sigh.

"I may be overstepping and I do apoloigise if I am, but it seems like you hate it here." I said gently, looking back at the God standing next to me.

"Wherever my Brothers go, so do I. We're all a package deal." Hades replied, with a slight shrug.

"So you didn't want to come to Salem?" I asked, curious.

"Hell no. I don't give a damn about no ley lines, it doesn't help my Kingdom at all." Hades replied, before taking a sip from his glass.

"But if the ley lines can go to Olympus, surely they'd go to the underworld?" I said, confused.

Hades laughed heartily before shaking his head.

"Zeus would never allow it. That ley line will have one purpose and one purpose only." Hades replied, staring at his older brother.

I turned to look as well to see him slide a hand down the back of a woman sensually.

"Well I'm sorry you're stuck here." I said, taking a sip from my glass.

"Yeah me too." Hades replied, before offering his hand.

"Dance mi'lady?" Hades asked kindly.

My aim was Zeus but what was a little sibling jealousy if not fun. If Zeus saw us dancing, he'd be angry for sure.

Hades guided me out onto the floor and we started to sway back and forth.

"May I ask perhaps a personal question?" Hades asked, as he guided me.

"Of course." I replied, truthfully.

I actually rather liked Hades, maybe I had a thing for guys who lived in the ground.

"Your Devil.. or should I say ex?" Hades asked.

"Ex." I confirmed.

"Your ex. Does he rule Hell well?" Hades asked, before he spun me in his hands.

"I'd say he was a just and loyal ruler, why?" I asked as we reconnected.

"Just looking for some pointers. With being a greek and not so well prayed to, I'm looking to inspire my underworld staff." Hades replied with a shrug.

"Well perhaps one day you can ask Lucifer for help yourself." I suggested.

"Maybe when Zeus rips him apart." Hades replied.

"May I ask a personal question?"

Hades smiled grimly.

"There's nothing wrong with him. He just always gets what he wants. We didn't have great parentage, and he had to grow up rather quickly. He fought for where we are today and he still thinks we have to fight." Hades answered, without me actually asking the question.

"I see his reasoning but is conquering Salem going to fix that? I mean Salem is only so big and even if he does claim the town, it still wouldn't be enough praying power." I replied, confused.

"It's not about the praying power. It's the ley lines. They hold a much more ancient power of their own." Hades replied.

I nodded as we continued to dance before a voice interrupted us.

"May I cut in?" Zeus's voice asked.

Hades glanced at me and I gave a slight nod to which Hades stepped back.

"Of course." Hades replied before heading off the dance floor.

Zeus took up his position and we began dancing again.

"What were you two talking about?" Zeus asked, curiously.

"If I told you, I'd have to kill you." I replied in a joking manner.

The music came to an end and before Zeus could ask me for another dance, I glanced at the Grandfather clock I'd noticed a few minutes ago.

"Thank you for such a wonderful time, Lord Zeus. But I really must be going now. Don't want a late start in the morning!" I said cheerfully.

"Oh of course, I am very glad you could make it tonight, Madame Wardwell. I'm sure we'll meet again soon." He said with a charming smile on his face.

I gave him a slight curtsy before waving goodbye to Hades. I turned and walked from the ballroom back up the stairs to the front door.

"Leaving so soon?" Posiden asked, appearing from the side wings.

"Yes. Early start to the morning and this face doesn't stay young by missing it's beauty sleep." I replied, narrowing my eyes slightly.

Posiden nodded.

"Of course." He said before giving me a head nod and walking away.

I rolled my eyes and moved to the valet who handed me my car keys. The drive home felt relaxing and I was thankful when I reached my driveway.

I shuffled walked into my house and immediately knew something was wrong. As soon as the front door had closed, I lifted my hands in case of anyone jumping out at me.

Instead, the light flicked on and Lucifer was standing in the corner of the room with a stormy expression on his face.

"Hey! I thought we agreed no contact?" I said, surprised.

"Father sent me with a warning." He said, before looking away.

"Oh." I replied.

"He says be careful of the Master of the Underworld, he may seem sweet but he controls a very powerful creature." Lucifer said as he ran his fingers over the books in the bookcase that he stood next to.

"Wait. The Kraken is a real monster?" I asked, surprised.

"Everything in Mythology is real. Two and a half years ago, you didn't think I was real." Lucifer replied, his eyes moving to meet mine.

"I sense there is something else you want to say."

"You're getting rather cozy with Zeus. I don't like it." He stated.

"So you're jealous." I replied, folding my arms.

"No. I just don't like the way he is looking at you, like you're some kind of prize to be won."

"You used to look at me the same way." I stated.

"Difference is, I wasn't planning on sacrificing you to the ley lines." Lucifer replied.

"Maybe not. But you did keep me in Hell for no reason at all." I replied, with a slight shrug.

He moved across the room in a blink and suddenly I was crowded up against the front door. I breathed heavy at our close contact.

"Do you regret that?" He asked in a half whisper.

"No. But you do have to learn to trust me. I have this under control, Lucifer." I said pointedly.

"I hope so. Because this is torture." He said bedore leaning down.

He brushed his lips against mine and before I could coax the kiss to go further. He was gone.