Greek Bastards

"So. Did you just come back for me or is there something you need?" Cyra said as she placed everything back on the desk.

"As far as I know, all I need in Hell is you." I replied as I bent down to help her.

She smiled but took my hand.

"And you're sure that I cannot join you?" She asked.

"Sadly." I replied.

We both stood up and she shook her head.

"I don't understand this, Lucifer. I don't understand why your Father chooses to seperate us. We're stronger together." She said as she paced.

"Maybe that is why." I replied, watching her.

"So you leave again, for what? For how long?" She asked, placing her hands on her hips.

I sighed and stepped forward, placing my hands on her shoulders and massaging her muscles gently.

"I wish I vould give you a better answer than I don't know but that's all I have." I replied.

Cyra began to say something but my head tilted to the side as I felt something slide across my skin.

Turning around, I began to walk to the door and ripped it open.

"Lucifer?" Cyra asked, surprised.

I sensed it coming from the front of the store and didn't hestiate to walk towards it. It was strong, crackling with intensity. A power that would match my own for sure.

The shop had been closed by Cyra but the door was wide open as a man in a crisp suit held a jar in his hands, studying it.

"Hey! We're closed!" Cyra announed as she saw him.

The man looked up and I stepped back, my Father's face staring back af me.

"Hello again, Cyra." God said.

Cyra's hand entwined with my own.

"God." Was all Cyra replied.

"I distinctly remember telling you not to be seen on this earthly plane, Lucifer. Especially by your brothers." God replied as he put the jar down and picked up another.

"You told me that I could see her when it hit two years." I said strongly.

"Yes, indeed I did but things have changed." God replied.

"Nothing. Nothing has changed!" Cyra snapped.

I knew that expression on my father's face, something was happening that he didn't like.

"Father. What is it?" I asked, letting go of Cyra's hand to step forward.

God placed the jar back on the shelf and turned to face us fully. "That's why you were always my favourite, Lucifer. You just knew when something was wrong." God replied.

My jaw tensed.

God glanced between Cyra and I.

"There are a few complications in this town, and I'm not powerful enough to destroy them on my own."

"But you're God!"

"I'm not the only God, in fact Cyra. I believe you have already had the delight of meeting one today." God said, tilting his head.

I glanced at her but she showed nothing but confusion.

"Green eyes. Dark hai-"

"Zeus!" Cyra gasped.

I faced her.

"Do yo- do you know him well?" I asked, narrowing my eyes.

"No. I just met him today. He bought things from the store." She replied, looking at me confused.

"Yes. He and his brothers have taken up residence here in Salem. Most unfortunately." God said, before sighing.

"Why? Why would they be here?"

"Salem sits on a crossbeam of ley lines. A interdementional gate way to all worlds. For you Cyra, you were battling a Christian demon, so it opened Heaven and Hell for you. For someone else it may be the river of Styx or Mount Olympus. Laying claim to the village that sits on those ley lines is a huge display of power." God said, firmly.

"Us Gods usually move around each other, but a demon ravaged cities belonging to other religions and those religions have taken that as a sign of war."

"But can't you just say, it wasn't?" Cyra asked.

"Cyra. Trying to explain something that cannot be proven is like going to war with a water gun. You're bound to lose." I replied, glancing at her.

"Lucifer and I are the most powerful creatures on this planet because of our religion. Zeus once held that record, as did Horus and Jupiter."

"I mean no offence but why Lucifer? People are afraid of him. He's the Devil." She said, confused.

"Fear is a prayer, they're constantly praying for me to not hurt them, or 'tempt' them." I replied, making my Father nod.

"So they're threatened? The other gods?" Cyra asked.

My Father nodded.

"And it seems Zeus has already sort out his way to win the coming war." God said as he pulled a jar off the shelf.

He held it out for me and I took it. Holding it up, I looked into the jar of grave dirt and saw the small leather bag.

"What?" Cyra asked.

My tightened om the jar to the point it began to crack and then it smashed in my hand. Cyra stepped back as the dirt scattered across the floor but I gripped the bag in my hand. I was beyond angry. I was furious.

"What's that?" Cyra asked.

"It seems our Greek neighbour liked you." God said, glancing at me.

"Zeus is well known for his escapades with mortals, especially female mortals. It appears Zeus has not only taken your town but he's decided to take you too." I said, holding the bag out for her.

Confusion crossed her face as she took the bag.

"It's called a mark. He's marked you to be his next sleeping buddy." I said, crossing my arms.

Cyra looked at me with wide eyes.

"Not if I get rid of it."

"The bag is just to warn anyone else familiar with the term to stay away from you. He's marked you in his head."

"Well he can't have me. I'm taken, happily taken."

"Zeus does not care if you were happily married with nineteen children. If he wants you, he gets you." God said, eyeing Cyra.

"Over my dead body." I snapped.

"I thought that may be the case, so for the first time in forever. I need your help, my son. Let's show these Greek bastards that if you're going to take our town, we'll take their lives."

"I'm in." Cyra said, causing God to look at her in surprise.

"No." I said turning to face her.

"Lucifer. I love you but you should know by now that I won't stand by while you run off to war with your Father. I'm a powerful witch and I want in. I only have one request." Cyra said, looking from me to God.

"Ask away." He replied.

"When this is all over, I want to be able to live in Hell with Lucifer as my husband." Cyra said firmly.

Husband. She wanted me as her husband.

"If we all make it out of this alive, you can have whatever you damn well want." God replied.