Inevitable

"This should bring you some good luck for your exams." I said to the young lady I was serving.

"Thank you!" She said before the door to the shop opened.

I looked up to see God and Michael enter through the door and I tensed. This couldn't be good.

They watched as the customer dodged around them to leave, and I frowned as soon as she had.

"What's wrong?" I asked, folding my arms.

"The plan has changed." Michael said, tucking his hands into his pockets.

He always was the waste no time kind of Angel.

"Changed? What are you talking about?"

"Lucifer has gone back to Hell, he insists he cannot watch Zeus touch you." God stated, with a small sigh.

I looked around the shop, making sure it was empty.

"Okay. Why does that change the plan?" I asked, confused.

"Because he's gearing up for a war." Michael replied.

"War?" I asked, dropping my arms

"Are you incapable of-" Michael was saying before God silenced him.

"He's going to fight Zeus." God reiterated, giving me a pointed look.

"No! No, he can't do that!" I exclaimed, stepping out from behind the counter quickly.

"I'm sorry Cyra. The decision has been made. Heaven will fight with Hell against the Greek Gods." God said, displaying his hands wide.

"Salem will burn? Is that what you want?" I shouted, annoyed.

"It's one town, over many. You have to see the bigger picture." Michael stated, as he narrowed his eyes.

"I am! I am seeing the bigger picture!" I exclaimed before letting out a noise of frustration.

Michael turned to glance at his Father.

"You have to stop him, God!" I said, walking towards them.

"You and I both know he wouldn't listen to me, and once he's set on something, he does it." God replied.

"Let me go to Hell and try to talk him out of it!"

"I cannot do that." God replied.

"The entire town will die if you fight here." I said, moving to the door of the shop.

The streets weren't full but people dawdled lazily, some holding hands with their partners. Others were in a rush, but it was Salem.

"We've barely just managed to finish rebuilding the town from Eurynomos's attacks." I said, shaking my head.

"Like I said. The decision has been made." God stated, unapologetic.

I closed my hands into fists and closed my eyes in an angry blink.

"Fine! I'll deal with this myself!" I snapped as I turned around, grabbed my shop keys and flipped the sign to say 'Closed'.

Leaving the shop and locking the doors, leaving God and Michael before running to my car. Sliding into the drivers seat, I turned the car on and backed out of the parking lot. With a whine, the engine whined about the speed I was making it do.

Trees and houses flashed by as I drove to Zeus's estate. Surely, he would listen. Had I made enough impact for him to respect me?

I had barely parked and turned off the engine before I was out the door and running up the large white steps. Thrusting my fists against the door, it opened to reveal a rather tired looking Hades.

"Miss Wardwell?" Hades asked, surprised.

"Where's Zeus!" I exclaimed.

"He's in the ballroo-" he didn't finish as I pushed past him into the mansion.

I ran down the steps and pushed open the ballroom doors to see Zeus was picking up a few things from the ground.

He turned around at the sound of the doors swining open and stood up. Probably cleaning up from last night's event.

"Cyra!" Zeus exclaimed, surprised.

"You can't do it!" I yelled as I walked towards him.

"I'm sorry? I can't, what?" Zeus asked, surprise morphing into confusion.

"You can't fight Lucifer." I said as I reached him.

Zeus sighed and brushed his hands off.

"If I have to explain this ag-"

I shook my head and rubbed at my eyes, before pacing slightly.

"No. You don't get it. He's gone to Hell to rally his troops. Zeus. Please. You can't fight him." I half begged as Zeus tilted his head.

"And how do you know that?" Zeus asked.

"God told me. Please Zeus, I beg you to not fight him." I said, the pleading evident in my tone.

"Cyra. I know this is hard for you to understand, but if I do not control those ley lines than my religion dies, I die. Hades dies. Poseidon dies. It is my duty as King of the Gods to save them." Zeus said firmly.

"Surely there are other ley lines that you can control!" I exclaimed.

"Salem's ley lines are the most powerful because of the devastating but rich history here. Powerful witches such as yourself are born and made here." Zeus replied.

"Lucifer will destroy you. You don't understand who you're fighting against."

"I have located my lightning bolt. You have no idea who they're going to be fighting against." Zeus replied, as something blue crackled in his eyes.

"No. Please Zeus." I begged.

Zeus shook his head.

"I'm sorry Cyra but it is inevitable." He replied.

I stepped back before pressing my palms to my forehead. None of them knew. None would even care to save a measly town. But it was my home. They were all scrambling to save Heaven and Hell or Olympus but they were forgetting my home. The homes of well respected citizens who had done nothing wrong.

"Do not fight this, Cyra." Zeus said almost as if he could here my thoughts.

"No. You do not get to tell me what to do." I snapped.

Zeus sighed.

"I had really hoped you would fight alongside me. I'm more for the people than your precious God and his failure of a son."

I started at Lucifer's mention.

"If you were for the people Zeus, you wouldn't fight on top of a town that has suffered enough!" I replied back.

He clicked his fingers and suddenly Poseidon was there, bending my arms back. I yelped before struggling against his grip.

"If you will not help, than I will make sure you have the best seat in the house to watch me destroy your boyfriend." Zeus said, stepping up close to me.

I glared at him.

"Don't under estimate me, Zeus!""

"I would never." He said again before leaning in.

I struggled in Poseidon's grip, battling to get away from Zeus who simply took my head softly into his hands and laid his lips upon mine. I didn't move a muscle, but that didn't seem to bother him as he pulled back.

"Take her to the locked room and stand guard." Zeus ordered.

His brother nodded as Zeus turned and began to walk away.

I narrowed my eyes and yelped again as Poseidon began to push me out of the ballroom.