Sideways

"I am going to rip him apart." I said as we entered the shop again.

My Father glanced at Cyra before stepping forward.

"Son, you need to calm down, it will do you no good to waste your anger on opponents that aren't here." He said, gesturing the room.

"I'm well aware Father, I'm just stating the fact I'm going to rip Zeus's head off and feed it to my demons." I replied, with a shrug.

Cyra shot me a look even as she moved to stand behind the counter. She bent down disappearing from view.

"So what's the plan? Do we even have one?" Liz asked me, before glancing at my brother.

"Not really." I replied with a sigh.

"No. We don't have a plan. Two powerful witches, one werewolf. A god, an Angel and the goddamn King of Hell and we don't have a plan." Quentin pointed out.

"But we do have this." Cyra's voice said from the counter.

We all looked over to see her stand up and place something on the wooden bench. Michael started forward.

"I haven't seen one of those since the dawn of time. How did you find that?" Michael asked as he peered at the object.

"My Aunt kept all these assorted goods around. I discovered a lot when digging through her stuff." Cyra replied with a tight smile.

I glanced at my brother who picked up a pale pink rock.

"What is it?" Elizabeth asked.

"It's called an hatimantes. A crystal made from the heavens. Very rare to find on earth." Michael replied, showing his Father.

God didn't seem bothered.

"What does it do?" Quentin asked, glancing between us.

"It contains a bit of Dad's essance. Think of it as one of the first fifty rocks created when God created earth." I said, glancing at him.

"It also creates a life force, something small mostly, but it also can destroy a life force." God spoke up as we all looked at him.

"This was my third attempt at a crystal. It contains the most essance of me than any other rock on this planet. I was fustrated I couldn't get it right, so I used the most magic." God said as he stepped forward and took the crystal from Michael.

At his touch, the crystal glowed.

"It has enough power to destroy four major Gods, but only used in the hands of the beloved of an Archangel." God replied, glancing at me and then to Michael.

"I don't have a beloved, neither do any of our brothers. You made sure of that." Michael spoke, fustrated at the thought.

"Maybe not but there is one who does," God said, turning to look at me.

"I'm not an Archangel." I stated, confused as too why he was looking at me.

"Yes you are. You may have fallen from Heaven, but you still hold your status, wings and powers." God said, holding the crystal out.

I glanced at Cyra who had moved out from behind the bench.

"So that means it must be Cyra who wields it." I stated, turning to my Father.

"The crystal can tell if she is truly your beloved. You need to touch it first, my son." God said, Michael watching us with interest.

I glanced at Cyra. What if it didn't choose her?

Reaching my hand out, I took the crystal from my Father before it began to shine bright. I blocked the light before I felt the crystal began to shake and burn in my hand.

Suddenly, it lifted by itself. It was floating in mid air before it began to move in Cyra's direction. Her eyes widened and she held out her hand before the light from the rock died and it fell into her open palm.

She lifted her eyes to look at me.

"When I say we should get married, you didn't have to get me a really big rock." She said with a smile on her face.

I loved that woman.

Elizabeth coughed before laughing, Quentin joining in with his wife. My Father looked at me, with something on his face. Pride. Michael glanced between us and scowled.

"So the witch can use the hatimantes. Great. We still don't have a plan." Michael said in a salty tone.

"Maybe a wedding wouldn't be a bad idea. It would be the perfect opportunity for Zeus to show off his powers, and he can attempt to try and take Cyra before she commits to Lucifer. We'll all be waiting, attack and take them out." Liz said, stepping forward.

"Or maybe Cyra can become a spy." God said.

I turned to look at my Father.

"No." I said firmly.

"If she found a weakness that we can use, we can draw them in and crush them without having to use the hatimantes." God said, glancing at Cyra.

"Spy? How?" Cyra asked.

"No. I forbid it!" I snapped.

"This feels familiar." Quentin muttered.

"Let Zeus assume he has you. Let him take you, gather information for us and then we'll break you out before he can hurt you." Michael spoke up.

"Won't he be expecting that?" Liz asked, crossing her arms.

"Maybe. But it's a risk, we'd have to take." Michael replied.

Cyra glanced at me, noting how angry I was.

"Can I have a moment with Lucifer." She said gently.

The group nodded and Cyra took my hand, pulling me from the room and into her back office.

"Tell me you're not even considering it!" I rounded on her.

"I can protect myself." Cyra said gently.

"Against a Greek God? I don't think so. I cannot lose you Cyra. If I lost you again, it would kill me." I said, touching her cheek out of desperation.

"And if I don't this entire town will be destroyed again because of a war that it never wanted to be apart of." Cyra replied, pulling my hand from her face to hold it.

"Cyr-"

"Lucifer. You have to trust me. You have to believe in me, like I believe in you." Cyra said softly.

I looked down at my hands.

"I love you so much, so let me fight for you." She said.

Tilting my head, I looked into her eyes and saw only truth.

"If this even goes one step sideways, I'm pulling you out." I made clear.

She nodded.

"I can agree to that."