Unexpected visitor

I got out of the passenger door and walked up to where my mother was standing on the porch. I was annoyed, so I just scoffed and walked past her, going inside.

Anna followed shortly after.

"Kiara!" She shouted still following me.

I was halfway up the stairs when my mother shouted my name again. "Kiara Carerra!"

I stopped in my tracks. "What do you want?!" I asked still faced towards upstairs.

"Come down here, we need to talk." She stated in a firm voice.

I rolled my eyes. "Talk about what?" I said before turning and facing her.

"I know there's something going on between you and that wretched Pogue."

The fuck. Wretched? She doesn't even know him. "So what if there is? It's my life isn't it?"

"Yes Kiara. And I'm just looking out for you!"

"No you're not??" I was visibly annoyed at this point. "You're looking out for yourself!"

"No I'm not Kiara!"

"Yes you are! What will all your friends think if I'm going out with the criminal pogue or whatever you and your friends say about him?"

"Kiara that's beside the point."

I rolled my eyes knowing it's not.

"I don't want you to get hurt!"

I walked down the stairs meeting her face to face.

"Well that's what your doing mom! Hurting me!! I like him whether you like it or not! And I will be seeing him no matter what you say, you're not gonna change anything."

I was over this conversation. Before she could say anything else, I went straight to the door.

"Where are you going?"

"Out."

I so badly wanted to just run away and leave everything behind. But there was one thing keeping me going, one person. JJ.

I didn't know where to go, I knew JJ would be at the Chateau, for he's been staying there, and I didn't want to bug him. I also just wanted to be alone and clear my head. Although being alone with my thoughts is not always the best idea.

I went to the cabin JJ showed me recently. It was kind of a long walk, but I enjoyed it. I would have drove, but I ran out of the house before I could even get my keys.

When I had finally arrived it was dark. I used my phone for a flashlight when I was walking through the woods, for there was no lights. I reached the door and opened it. It was pitch black inside. I stumbled in. I tried to turn on my phone to get the flashlight, but it wouldn't turn on. It died. I let out a long sigh. I found the bed and got under the covers. I was scared of being alone because my thoughts. They've taken over before and it never ended well. Luckily for me I fell asleep within minutes of lying down, which is surprising because it usually takes me awhile to fall asleep, especially when something happened right before. My brain doesn't allow me much sleep.

JJ POV:

Today was a good day. I haven't had many of those since the death of John B & Sarah.

I was sat on the couch in the Chateau. Kie was on my mind as usual. I wonder how she is. When I dropped her off Anna seemed furious. I sighed.

I got up and went the the fridge. There was some beer in there. I grabbed one and threw myself back onto the couch. I rolled myself a blunt and stayed on the couch for the rest of the night.

---

Kiara POV:

I awoke to the sound of birds chirping, my favorite way to wake up. It was freezing cold all night. I had nothing but the clothes on my back and the thin blanket for warmth. I guess it was time I headed home. I yawned and stretched before getting up. I really didn't want to walk all the way back home, but my phone is dead so I can't call anyone. I did think about walking to the Chateau and asking JJ for a ride, but he is most likely asleep, it's fairly early.

I started walking and listened to the wonderous sounds of nature. I was now passing by Popes house. He was on the phone in his truck. I glanced over at him. He caught my gaze and gave a small wave. I did the same. Man do I feel terrible about how things turned out. I wish more than anything we could still be friends. Eventually I hope.

I continued to walk until finally I reached my house. There was a motorcycle parked on the side of the road in front of the house. That's strange. It's also rude.

It's my mom's day off today, unfortunately. I walked up the the pathway to the door. Luckily, the door was unlocked. I opened it not prepared for what was coming next.

Chills were sent down my spine. There, sitting in the living room, across my mother, was Rafe Cameron.

An unexpected visitor.

Ay two chapters published in one day! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ