After they're gone

A/N - I just wanted to say, 1. This is my first story so bare with me, and 2. I know I'm probably late to the whole Jiara fanfic thing, but I'm on my third time watching it hehe and decided I want to write a fanfic :)

Kiara POV:

It's been 2 weeks since John B and Sarah died. Nothing has been the same. I haven't really gotten out of bed since that night.

"Hey Kie?" I woke up to a knock at my bedroom door. With no reply, I just lie there now awake. Again, I hear the same voice. "I made breakfast." After a moment of silence I finally answered. "I'm not hungry mom." I could hear her sigh as I heard her faint footsteps walking away. I turned on my tv and did what I have done most everyday since my friends disappeared into the dark open water.

Right as I start flipping through the channels, my phone gets a notification. It was a text, from JJ.

Hey Kie wanna catch some waves?

I haven't talked to my two remaining friends since John B and Sarah died. But I figured it's time I stop wasting so much time doing nothing. We're all going through the same thing, so why not do it together?

Yeah sure.

Cool I'll meet you there?

Sounds good.

I got up and headed to my bathroom. I quickly got ready, and put on a black bikini. I decided to put jeans on rather than shorts today.

I prepared myself for the lecture I was about to hear as I walked out of my room. "Kiara" I looked to my right to see my dad staring at me. "Where are you going?" "Surfing" I replied. "With who" he shot back. I sighed "JJ" My mom quickly glanced at my dad as he did the same to her. Right as my mom opened her mouth I cut her off- "Look, I don't want to hear another lecture right now, okay?" Everyone paused for a moment. "Kie, you've been cooped up in your room, barely eating, hardly talking, we're just worried about you." My mother stated. "Well I'm fine" I snapped back, walking out. Ever since I locked myself in my room, my parents feel like they have more control over me, and I feel like they do too. I'm going to brush off all these negative thoughts and try to make it a good day. I headed into the garage to grab my surfboard, then started walking to the beach. A part of me wished Pope wouldn't be there, just because I didn't want to talk about the kiss.

Some time later I had arrived at the beach. I could see the blonde sitting in the sand down the beach, his hair shining as the sun hits it. I looked around to see if I could find Pope, a sigh of relief slipped out of me when I didn't see him. I felt guilty.

I headed towards the boy. I could see his warm smile as he looked over at me. "Hey" I grinned "Hey, miss me?" I rolled my eyes and chuckled. "Very" I replied. For a few moments, our eyes were both fixated on the beautiful open water, as a comfortable silence came over us.

"So," I paused briefly before finishing my sentence. "Is Pope coming?" I said still looking forward as the fascinating waves came crashing on the shore.

"Nope, said he was busy, probably doing something smart" JJ remarked.

I managed to let a small giggle slip out.

"How are you and Pope doing?" JJ asked. I stood up "uhh.." I didn't really know what to say. "Didn't we come here to surf?" I finished. "Uh yeah" He said in a "duh" tone while standing up. We both took off the clothes over our bathing suits and ran into the alluring waves.

After about two hours of diverting fun, we started for the shore. The ocean was an escape, whenever I surfed I just felt free, like my life had no problems.

We both sat down on the hot sand next to each other.

After a couple minutes of quietude, I was the first to speak up.

"Hey, I'm sorry about earlier" I uttered. JJ looked at me in confusion. "You asked about Pope, I changed the subject" I finished. JJ shook his head "It's fine" A reassuring grin spread throughout his face. Why was he being so nice? "It's just something I would usually talk about with Sarah.." I stuttered. JJ patted me on the back "I'm always here if you need to talk Kie!" I couldn't help but snicker. "What?" He demanded. "Nothing" I replied. "Just wondering why you're being so nice" I smiled. JJ looked at the ground and shrugged.

JJ POV:

"I don't think I have feelings for him" Kiara blurted out. I looked at her in surprise. "Oh." Kie looked down in dismay. This is really not my thing, advice. That was always Sarah. "Well" I scratched the back of my neck "If that's how you feel you have to tell him, he will be hurt at first, but after awhile he'll realize you two are better off being friends..you cant pretend to love someone when you really don't, it will just end up hurting the both of you even more." Kiara looked up and stared straight into my eyes, they sparkled like I've never seen them do before. She pulled me into a hug. "That makes a lot of sense, thank you JJ" her arms embraced me tightly. I felt something I have never felt before, not with any of the girls I've been with. Was I feeling butterflies? I've always been into her but never really felt anything. She finally let go giving a slight smile. I did the same to her. Afterward we decided it was time to go home.

I haven't been home since I stole my dad..Luke's boat. But I know I would have to face him sooner or later and get the consequences over with, although deep down, I knew he would never forgive me.

A/N - Sorry for this chapter being so short, it was the first one soo yea. I will try and make longer chapters though! Please comment your opinion so far :) oo and vote