chapter four

july 28

"welcome to the plainview municipal pool!" says mr. heffley.

my family and the heffley's get out of our cars and see the sight infront of us. kids run to the gates while their tired parents chase them.

rodrick stands next to caï and says, "i fucking hate it here."

"is it really that bad?" caï asks.

"you'll see just wait. be careful in the bathrooms," greg says. "ew" rodrick and greg cringe.

well i'm glad i changed xavier and got myself ready before getting here. i take xavier out of the car and walk towards the pool gates to get in.

-

"im traumatized," symere says blankly. caï simply stands and stares.

"at least your little brother didn't run into the shower area and you saw men's wieners while looking for him," greg groans holding manny and putting him down.

that must've been... fun. i've been sitting here with xavier examining our surroundings. to say this place is crowded is an understatement. herds of children are in the pool swimming. i'm definitely not going in there. xavier leaves my grasp and walks towards manny.

"wanna play?"

"yeah!" manny replies.

symere and greg begin complaining and telling their bathroom horror stories. poor things.

i sit down on one of the pool chairs. if i have to be here i'm going to at least get a wicked tan. i open my phone and see a few texts.

auggie

hows ur first day goin?
eh, not horrible ig.
i'm stuck at a gross
pool rn tho so wish
me luck🙃
don't catch water herpes
ill try😔
do you see anyone cute ;)
not unless you like
children
fuckno.

jasper

how's the pool lover
crowded and it looks
infested
?
ya know what, i don't
wanna know.
i'm glad
*sends game pigeon*

"so mileena, what do you think about plainview?" mrs. heffley asks startling me a bit.

"it's not bad. i'm looking forward to seeing more of it," i answer.

"great! one day you should have rodrick take you and your siblings to visit around town."

"that'd be cool, i'll talk to them about it. thank you for the suggestion."

"of course, sweetie. let me know if you need anything," she says while walking away.

speaking of rodrick, where is he? i haven't seen him since he went to the bathroom.

"caï, where's your little friend?" i ask.

"he said he had to get something out of the car," he answers.

before i can respond symere and greg start talking to caï. i decide to put in my earbuds and listen to music while i tan. tanning isn't much of a problem for me thankfully.