chapter five

july 31st

   it's been four days since my family and i moved to plainview. other than going to the pool we haven't done much. we bought a few things for the house and now plan to go school shopping. next monday is the first day of school. am i ready? no. am i nervous? a little. ive always gone to school with the same people so the thought of having to meet new people is dreadful.

   jasper comes in from from pennsylvania late tonight and i'm really excited. i plan on picking him up in the car i share with caï after i do my school shopping. i had to beg my dad to let me go by myself.

   i run down the stairs and knock on caï's door. "can i come in or are you fapping?" i yell.

   he opens the door with an annoyed look on his face. "that was one time!"

   "yeah, well one time'll traumatize you," i reply while laughing.

   "shut up, come on let's go. i told rodrick he could come with us," he says pushing me out of the way and walking downstairs.

   "why didnt you tell me? the car's a mess," i groan.

   "i assure you out of all the people in this world, rodrick is the one who won't care."

   ignoring my brother's comment i grab the car keys and walk outside. opening the car door items fall out. "i told dad not to let xavier throw all his shit in here!"

   i bend over the seats and begin picking up the mess.

   "nice ass," says a familiar voice.

   i turn around quickly to see the person but in my attempts i bump my head hard on the car.

   "ow, that's definitely a concussion," rodrick laughs and i glare at him while rubbing my head. "oh look, we're matching."

   looking at his shirt i realize we're both clad in a "free hugs" chucky shirt. the difference between his and mines is that i cut mines into a muscle tee dress with short black shorts underneath and paired it with thigh high stockings.

   "i guess we are," i mumble. "walmart?" i say pointing to his shirt.

   "yup. you know, your outfit totally reminds me of taylor momsen." he smirks.

   "you know taylor?" i ask shocked.

   "yeah, her performance with marilynn manson was dope. i definitely had a crush on her after that."

   i smile and begin picking up the things i dropped on the floor. rodrick offers to help and we carry the items into the house.

   "are you idiots ready to le- was that planned?" caï says looking at us.

   "yes," rodrick says.

   "no," i say.

   i look at rodrick and hit his arm. "no we didn't."

   "ok then," my brother says pushing us out the door.

   "bye dad!" i yell.

   we get into the car and i drive after a short argument.

   "lee, you drive like a maniac! im not in the mood for dying today!" caï says.

   "don't care."

-

   "that wasn't bad at all," says rodrick.

   "thanks!"

   caï stumbles out of the car, "i feel lethargic."

   "suck it up," i say grabbing onto him. "let's go grandma." i grab a cart and we make our way into the store to grab school supplies.