chapter thirteen

august fourteenth

i woke up this morning with a horrible hangover and makeup stains on my pillow. i looked to my side and brother was asleep taking up all of the space on my bed. i decided to get up and take a shower because i felt gross. memories from last night came back into my head and i cringed. "you crazy bitch," i sighed to myself. once i finished my shower and got dressed i went downstairs and saw mr. and mrs. heffley with manny sitting with my dad and xavier at our dining table.

   "hi," i waved to them.

   i sat with them for a while and ate the breakfast my dad made as they talked. it felt nice to have them as a family. when i got up to leave susan stopped me and asked if i could baby sit next friday, i haven't made plans yet so i agreed to it.

   i walked upstairs and saw caï chasing symere.

   "give me my fucking phone twerp!"

   as symere was about to crash into me i held my hand up to his forehead stopping him. "what's going on?"

   "he stole my phone and won't give it back!" my twin stated.

   "he's texting a girl and won't show me the conversation!" symere huffed.

   "oooh, that's peeked my fancy, give me the phone," i giggled as symere passed it to me.

   "ugh, stop! come on!"

   i looked at the messages shocked and began laughing, "sorry kid, i don't think you should read this." i turned my head to my brother and shook it, "you naughty little boy." the messages were very dirty to say the least. i began walking away after giving caï his phone back mocking his conversation, "yeah, i want you to do that trick with your tongue again for me." hes made himself plans for today.

   i laid in bed for a while on my phone and got bored so i chose to go for a walk. i changed and made sure to bring my pepper spray and keys just in case. you can never be too careful. as i was walking a car approached me, startling me. it was a white van. "shit shit shit," i thought. it got closer to me and pulled over to my side. i began walking faster, obviously scared.

   "piper," the person in the car said. i immediately knew who it was.

   "jesus fucking christ rodrick! you can't do that," i said stopping.

   "get in."

   and that's where i am now. in rodrick's car driving to god knows where.

   "you were singing lady gaga," rodrick laughs.

   "drunk me has taste, don't be so jealous babes," i reply flipping my hair. "so, where are you taking me exactly?"

   "not sure, i just felt like driving around today then i saw you. do you have any ideas?"

   i began thinking about what we could do. it was hot as hell outside and any indoor activities sounded boring. "is there a lake or something around here?"

   "there is actually," rodrick smiles and begins turning the car around. he puts his hand on the back of my seat (if you know you know) and i felt things. why is it so attractive when people do that?

   i turn away from him blushing slightly. i begin twiddling with my fingers unsure of what to do or say.

   "are you ok?"