chapter eighteen

my room fills up with the morning sun's rays, and rodrick's snores.

our bodies are intertwined, his neck buried in mine, all of our limbs cradling the others.

"rod-dick, your snores are crazy!" i begin to laugh quietly to myself. i try not to wake up the sleeping beauty.

as much as i'd love to bask in the moment, i can't let myself get too connected, and i begin to get up from the comfortable boy.

his body begins to rustle, and he pulls me back into him. "but princess, you're my new teddy bear," i can hear the truth and jokes in his voice.

a smile spreads to my face. "you're comfy too baby, but my family is gonna be suspicious if i'm not down soon." i look to the clock next to me reading it's time. 8:07. i usually help my dad get everything set up and my brothers in line. they're lunatics.

"is there going to be breakfast?!" he lazily says, his words pouring straight into my ear. how heavenly.

"maybe, but you didn't sleep over so you get none," i tease turning my face to his.

"that is not fair at all mileena," he pouts, "im still partially high and would love to be fed." his arms move to my waist and hips, and my body loves his attention. cold shower!

i roll my eyes. "i'll bring you some upstairs if you wait, or i can bring some to your house."

"or i could go downstairs and we say i slept over for caï?" the boy makes note.

"i can't tell caï im kissing his best friend in the current predicament we're in! that's against the twin code!" i exclaim. silly men. also, i don't want to tell caï. this very well could end tomorrow. or the next day. and if i do tell him, it can't be like this.

"i don't have a twin so i don't know the rules," he defends himself jokingly. "but i didn't know you were kissing me, there's no kissing right now?" rodrick begins to lean in, "but we can fix that."

normally morning breath makes me want to vom. and kissing with it? a million times worse. but hell. i do not mind if it's rodrick.

our lips find one another, and it just feels so nice every time. but rodrick is my girlie. so this isn't even real. i break the kiss, getting myself up out of bed. "to stay or to go my friend?"

"if i stay can i sleep?" rodrick grins. "i have nothing better to do. and your bed is really fucking comfortable. i don't know why i didn't sleep in here earlier."

i laugh at his words. "yes you can stay and sleep, i'll even bring you breakfast in bed. it's my way of repaying you for the treat. aka, weed. the key to my soul," i say clutching my chest. "won't your mom wonder where you are though?"

"i told her i was sleeping at ben's, don't worry i plan ahead," he says stretching and nearly yelling.

"shut the hell up heffley! you're gonna break our cover!" i whisper yell running over to him.

he catches himself and snuggles himself into the bed. his hair lays messily around him, and his skin looks so perfect. unfair! how do you look this good freshly woken up.

"you're cute," he says to me.

i flick him off with a smile and give myself the strength to go brush my teeth and hair, wash my face, so i can zoom downstairs and see my family, without kissing him one more time.

before i walk through my door he says he wants pancakes with chocolate chips and extra whipped cream in a funny prissy voice.

i giggle my way through my door, making my way downstairs. i wake up my siblings, and we walk downstairs to find my father already having breakfast situated.

"there you all are! i woke up a little too early today and was feeling like a chef. so we have a lot of foods going on here," my dad laughs.

symere and caï practically charge at the food sitting on the dining room table. xavier being the little kid he is follows their lead laughing and shuffling.

i go over to give my father a big hug and kiss on the cheek, "thank you dad. we love you."

"anything for you guys," he smiles.

we eat in anything but silence, telling stories about our weeks and anything we can. my beasts of brothers scarf down food. i rip the fork out of xaviers hands before he chokes. "you guys are wild."

we all clean up, and everyone heads to their room or living room, and i sneakily grab a plate, some pancakes, strawberries, and syrup for boy laying in my bed. this is princess treatment right here.

   when i walk in i find rodrick cuddled up in my cheetah print blanket, wrapped up like a burrito. "psst," i begin closing my door as quietly as possible. "ive got the goods, wake up."

   rodrick begins to stir, face scrunches up, "do you guys always have million hour long conversations?" he asks. "i knew you guys were close but not that close," he laughs.

   rodrick always tells me how he does his best to avoid family meals, as they usually revolve around his mother questioning his antics.

   "that's just how we rock and roll roddy!" i say handing him his plate of food.

   "where's the whipped cream?" he asks with a pout.

   "up your ass," i say flicking him in the face.

   "mils! how could you," he pretends to be hurt.

   i sit next to him on the bed smiling, rubbing my eyes, and before he takes his first bite, he gives me a kiss. "thank you."

   how did we get here. breakfast in bed? we are still both high. this very well could be us being in a make believe world. i grab my vape and take a puff. a cigarette would be really nice right now.

"this shit is nut worthy, i have no words to describe the hunger i felt. this is the best moment of my life," rodrick says with a movie like moan at the end.

"that is so real of you friend," i laugh.

once rodrick finishes his meal, we decide on a plan to get him out. susan started texting him asking for where he was, like a mother does.

"i'll scope out downstairs, but honestly, knowing my family everyone went to their rooms to sleep."

and with that the plan begins. once i reach downstairs and detect no one i text the boy to run. oh and run he did. he went through the back door and found his way out. i peaked through the front door curtains to see him running frantically into his house, waving at me before settling in.

"what the balls was that." a voice says from behind me.

well shit.