❀Teacher's Secret❀

Amity, Boscha, Willow and I were all seated in a nearby café.

"I didn't know about this place. It's nice and quiet." Boscha said as she sat her things down beside her.

"Welcome." The waitress greeted as she set our glasses of water on the table, "Weren't you here the other day?" She said, eyes focused on Amity and I.

"Wow, you remember me even though I've only been here once!" Amity seemed impressed.

"We don't get many high schoolers here, and I'd never forget someone as cute as you." The waitress smiled. Amity chuckled with a slight blush showing.

"Manager, the bill please." A middle-aged man standing near the counter said.

"Oh, yes, I'll be right there sir." The woman turned around and walked over to him.

"She's the manager?" I asked, confused, "She seems so young, I thought she'd be a waitress."

It was now time to discuss the play and how this script thing was going to work.

"Now then, Willow, was it?"

"Yes." I could sense Willow was nervous, but her facial expression managed to stay blank.

"Thank you for agreeing to write the script for us." Amity smiled.

"Don't mention it." Willow said.

"The novel you wrote was really good, so I'm glad that we've got you on board." Amity said as she took a sip of her water.

"I just wanted to practice writing stories, and I figured that working with others would be a good opportunity to do that." Willow said as her eyes kept averting to the side, obviously still nervous.

Amity smiled, "Thanks."

My attention on Willow and Amity's discussion was momentarily interrupted by an strangely familiar woman walking into the café.

"Welcome home." I hear the manager say. Home?

"Did they let you off of work early today?" The manager asked the woman.

"Yeah, it does happen sometimes." The smaller brunette responded. Wait a minute...

It took me a few seconds to process who it was, but when I got a closer look I finally figured it out. It's my teacher from last year!

"Eda!" I blurted.

Amity turned around, "Oh, you're right."

"Hello." Boscha greeted.

"Hey kid! Haven't seen you in a while." Eda said as she walked over and hugged me. She's always been like a second mom to me, it's good to see her again.

"What brings you and your friends here?" She asked.

"We're having a student council meeting. We're discussing the school festival play." I said.

"Play, huh?" 

"Um, Ms. Clawthorne, do you know the manager here?" Boscha asked, "I heard her say "welcome home."

When Boscha finished her sentence, Eda immediately straightened her posture and blushed, "Oh, uh, well, I've known the manager here since university. I come by here a lot. She's just joking around."

Eda eventually finished up the convo and cut it short for some reason. I just brushed it off though.

"You know her? You seem to be close if you're calling her by her first name." Amity turned to me.