❀Spoiled❀

I thought back to Amity's last sentence at the waterfront.

"And lastly, Luz... Don't..."

The sentence she couldn't finish. Back then, she probably wanted to say this:

"Don't fall in love with me."

I was brought out of my thoughts when I felt multiple drops of rain land on my fingers. I looked out of the window and saw it was still pouring.

I sighed, "No sign of the rain letting up..."

"It's really coming down." I turned around as I saw Jerbo walking towards where I was standing.

"Oh, hey, Jerbo." I greeted him.

"No umbrella?" He asked.

"No, but I'm going home with Gus." I said politely.

"Okay then, see you." Jerbo waved before walking off.

I turn back around to the window and look out for a little while longer. Shortly after, I hear someone call my name from behind, "Luz!"

"Sorry I kept you waiting." Gus walked up to me with an umbrella in hand.

"Done with the meeting?" I asked.

"Yeah, but I don't understand why it had to rain on the one day we practice outside." He said, frustration on his face. He liked to play basketball outside because of the air.

"Good thing you had an umbrella on you." I said as I took it from him and let it up. He's still really short.

"What about Willow?" He asked me.

"She already went home. She said she wanted to continue writing the play script." I explained.

"She's been having fun lately." Gus chuckled.

We arrived at our lockers near the exit of the school and Gus put his walking shoes on.

"I just hope the weather's good on Field Day." Gus said as he slid into his shoes. He seemed to get distracted by something, or someone, as he stopped talking and looked to the place in front of him.

"You have no umbrella?" One of the boys said to the person next to him.

"Well, I didn't know it was gonna rain." They said. We were listening to their faint conversation. I could see Gus slightly blushing as he looked at the person talking.

"I'll just run home." They turned to the boy beside them.

I got a good look of their face before they turned around, and then looked back at Gus, still blushing, "Oh, so they're the sophomore that Gus liked..." I thought to myself and smiled at Gus.

"Run after them." I said.

"What? But what about you?" He asked.

"I'll manage. Just go." I assured him.

He hesitated, but then eventually gave in, "Thanks." He said before running off. I watched as Gus gave his umbrella to them and they walked off together.

--

I said I'd manage...But everyone not in a club has gone home already. Who's not in a club and headed in the same direction as me?

I thought about it for a while and then took my phone out of my pocket. I stared at the contact I had chosen for a while. Nah. 

"Oh well, I guess I'll get drenched on my way hom-"