❀ You always accept me for who I am ❀

*WARNING* LONG CHAPTER AHEAD

"Amity Blight will serve as a good example for all students, and I trust she will work to make this school better." I read over the last few lines of my campaign speech, "That concludes my speech." I finished and took a bow.

"That's perfect!" Gus exclaimed as he and Willow started clapping.

"At this rate, you'll probably be joining the student council after the election." Willow smiled at me.

"Huh? Oh, I'm not joining." I looked up and clarified.

"I think you'd have a lot of fun if you did, though." Gus tried to persuade me, "In junior high, you only joined the softball club because you were invited, but you ended up being there on a regular." He reminded me. Well, he is right.

"She's the type who gets really into something when she gets involved." Willow chuckled.

"Well, I'm still not joining!" My voice cracked at my embarrassed yelling.

---

The bottle of orange juice had dropped to the the bottom compartment of the vending machine. Amity took it out and stood up while she took a sip.

"What are you doing during the break?" She asked me, wiping her mouth.

"Nothing much. I do have to memorize my speech, though." I told her, 'Knowing that we're nearly at the end of it definitely makes things easier, though." 

"If I'm elected, you'll have student council duties too, you know." She smiled.

"I don't believe I've said a word about joining the student council." I said as I walked past her. She followed closely behind.

"What? Why not?" She mumbled.

"Don't just assume I'll join." I chuckled.

We continued to walk under the sunset towards our homes.

"Want some?" She offered me her bottle full of juice.

"Thanks." I take the juice in my hand take a small sip. I could see her slightly blushing as she took the juice back.

"Well, then. Thanks for walking with me today!" I said as I waved goodbye. We were standing at the corner of where our houses separated.

I started to walk in the direction of my house until I heard her call for me, "Wait!"

I turned around.

"I'm headed that way today, too." She walked up to me.

"You're not going to the station?" I tilted my head in confusion.

"I want to stop by the bookstore." She said.

"Bookstore?"

---

We walked inside of the bookstore and were welcomed by my grandma.

"Welcome. Oh, Luz, welcome home!" She smiled at me and pat my head.

"What?" Amity quickly turned around.

I grinned, "We own this store."

"What?! Why didn't you say so?" She started sweating, but why?

"I'm incredibly nervous right now." She whispered next to me.

"What's there to be nervous about? It's just my house..." I knitted my eyebrows.

"Well, it's like, "I'm sorry for seducing your daughter!"

I look over and roll my eyes.

"You haven't seduced me." I whispered.