❀Hydrangeas❀

Boscha's POV

I leaned on the wall of the train station, examining my phone.

"Did I get here a bit too early?" I thought to myself.

"Boscha? Is that you?" I heard a familiar voice walking up behind me. I turned around to find out that it was none other than my middle school crush, Phoenix.

"Phoenix..." I said, slowly dropping my hands to my side.

"Long time no see! I never expected to run into you here!" Phoenix exclaimed, "Are you waiting for someone?"

"Yeah, a friend is coming over." I said.

"Oh right, your house is just around the corner." Phoenix said. She paused for a second, then looked up, "I'm glad I ran into you."

I looked up in shock.

"I was planning on apologizing when we met in high school, but you went to a different school without any notice. I'm sorry, Boscha." Phoenix placed a hand over her chest and apologized.

I tilted my head and looked at her, confused, "What exactly are you apologizing for?"

"You were just a normal girl, but because I made you go along with me, well... if you still like girls, then it's my fault." She said, "I just hope you go back to being a normal girl..."

Normal?

My eyebrows begun to twitch, and I was beyond furious right now. I shoved my urges to tell her off right then and there to the back of my throat.

"Don't worry about me." I said coldly, "At this point, I have no idea why I ever liked you." I said.

"Really?" Phoenix looked up and smiled, like she was happy at my response.

"Well, in one way, I'm grateful." I said and then ran towards the person I was waiting for.

"Huh?" Phoenix mumbled as she watched me run over to Amity.

"Amity!" I said as I approached her.

"Thanks for waiting." She said and smiled. I saw her turn her head towards Phoenix and make a "huh" sound.

Phoenix looked bewildered. I then took the chance to make her even more shocked by gently grabbing Amity on her arm.

"Well then... Goodbye." I smiled as Amity and I turned around and started walking.

I could sense Phoenix's shocked face while she stood there as we walked off.

We started to walk down the sidewalk towards our homes.

"Was that someone you knew?" Amity asked, confused, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." I assured her.

"Uh, so what's this, then?" She said, gesturing to one of my hands still holding her arm.

I panicked and quickly removed my hand.

"Oh, uh, umm... It was a spur of the moment thing." I said as I was slightly blushing.

"That's rare of you. Hm, how peculiar." Amity said and then took my hand, "I don't mind." She smiled.

"Huh? What now?" I said as I looked down, blushing once again.

"Being rare in return?" Amity teased.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked, embarrassed of the situation.

---

Luz's POV