❀Donuts❀

Sorry for the long wait. I was supposed to put this chapter out Saturday, but I kinda cracked my computer screen and had to get that repaired, but we're good now! Enjoy!

--

Amity's POV

"A dream of the past?" 

"Yeah, the type of dream where you fully relive a moment from earlier in your life." I explained.

"Hm, I've had a few dreams that involved pieces of my past...Like going to a familiar place or meeting an old friend." One of the girls at my table said.

"I can't say I've ever had a dream where I relived something exactly from memory. What about you, Boscha?" The girl turned to my friend.

"I haven't either." She turned to me, "Maybe this is happening because you keep remembering that moment while you're awake, Amity."

"Remembering it?" I questioned.

"Yes. You're not dreaming of the past, but dreaming about yourself in the midst of remembering something." Boscha explained while taking a sip of her water.

"Wow, I don't think I can wrap my head around that." One of the girls said with their mouth full of sandwich.

My head leaned down and stared at the lunchbox on my lap, "You might be right..." 

---

"Amity!" A familiar voice yelled from behind me, "I'm glad I found you before you left!" I turned around.

"Huh? What's up?"

"The script for the stage show is finished!" Luz showed me the folder.

"Really?!" I came closer to her and took it from her hands.

"Well, technically it's just the first draft. Willow told me that she wrote the characters to fit the actors so..." She said.

I took the folder from my hands and skimmed through the papers inside. 

This script...

"Actually, I have more copies. Could you give one to Boscha? I'm walking home with my friends today so I gotta go, bye!" She quickly said as she waved to me and ran off.

Did she just...avoid me? I guess I took things a little too far last time.

I shifted my head down to look back at the script.

Willow wrote the characters to fit the actors. The main character in her script is a girl who is suffering from amnesia. The story begins at the hospital where she is being treated. During her stay, she's visited by her lover, a family member, and a friend. As they talk about their memories of the time they've spent with her, she gets completely different impressions of herself from each of them.

With no sign of her memory coming back, she faces a serious problem. Although she wishes to return to the person she once thought she was, she has no idea which of the people they talked about is truly "her."

Who should I become in order to continue living my life? I have to become one of them, or else... I'll have nothing left.

-

Luz's POV

"Luz?" My mother looked over to me as I turned my head, "It's almost closing time, could you clean up out front?" She asked. I nodded and walked towards the store's door.

As I walked out and looked up at the night sky I couldn't help but to think about the copy of the script I read earlier.

Willow is incredible... I thought she didn't know hardly anything about Amity, yet... The protagonist of the story and Amity almost perfectly align. The circumstances are different, but still. I wonder what went through Amity's head as she read through the script?