❀ Cafe ❀

I need to state it plainly...that I can't fall in love with her.

I was walking side by side with Amity, staring at her in silence. Later, we arrived at a cafe and sat down at the table farthest back.

"Here it is." I handed Amity my speech.

"Yeah, I wrote down some notes too." I told her.

"Um.." I blurted. Amity made her signature "hmm" sound.

"Before that, there's something I'd-"

"Sorry to keep you waiting." A lady with long white hair and a dark red suit walked up to us. She must be a waitress. She lightly set our drinks down on the table.

"Enjoy yourselves." She said before walking off.

"Luz." I turned to Amity, "Y-yes?" I answered.

"I won't ask you to go out with me." She said suddenly. 

"I know you can't think of anyone special to you, and I know you won't fall in love with me," She said with a barely-there smile, her eyes showing sadness, "But that's fine." She finished as she took a sip of her drink.

There was a bit of a silence...until she said something that made my heart nearly stop.

"So... Let me be in love with you."

It took me a moment to process it, but when I finally did, I started blushing and shaking my head back and forth.

"That's just weird!" I said, embarrassed, "You love me, but you don't care if I don't love you back?"

She set her drink down on a plate, "Yes, that's right. However, I never thought I'd fall in love with someone, either. I'm perfectly content right now." She looked up at me, "I don't want to give up this feeling."

I stared at her.

She tilted her head, "You don't like that?"

"I- I... If you're fine with that, I...I don't mind." I said as I crossed my arms on the table and looked down.

"Thank you!" She looked at me with glistening eyes and blushing cheeks.

Why did I say that I don't mind? 

She really... doesn't play fair.