~Chapter 8~

Was that chapter long enough for all you readers? I hope you enjoyed it very much! I know I enjoyed writing it :D!

~Chapter 8~

I've never woken up so full. Having stuffed myself with pie and grilled chicken from last nights supper, I wasn't hungry at all. I decided to skip breakfast and go see Carmel. The feeling of responsibility for a live creature was something I could look forward too. At home my parents never gave me any responsibility- they didn't trust me.

In my amazing closet for the summer, I found a nice outfit that looked sorta like it was meant for being outside. It was a short-sleeved tan shirt with a dark brown, also short-sleeved, jacket. I slipped on a pair of Capris that went a little below my knees and put on a pair of brown cowboy boots. That's right, more boots.

Next I went down the hall to the bathroom and did my hair in a french braid. I can't do it on my own, so I got help from a maid cleaning my room. It looked surprisingly good! So I took my valuables and stuffed them into my boot, then waltzed to the door.

I shut it behind me as I walked out, and heard the satisfying click.

Nobody was in the halls, the ones that were paid no attention to me. I didn't mind. In New York nobody pays any attention to you, the streets are full of other people.

To get to the stables, I had to carefully remember where it was. Then I had to get a ride. The stables were too far to walk, so one of those carts we road in yesterday would do. When we were at the welcome home party/festival, I saw a small area next to the mansion with what looked like cars. The cart that was parked in front of the house was probably brought up there for Grandpa, but the rest of them might be stored there. The wall there was easy, I just had to walk around the building. How to get the actual cart, I didn't know.

The area with the carts was really unique. It was like a mini parking lot with ropes around where it ends. The entrance was a simple hook and rope that you could move around to get in. A girl stood by it. A girl I knew. It was that girl that accompanied us on the tour yesterday. She wore something similar to what she had on yesterday, but the color was light blue with black.

By the time I was close enough to prove it was her, she had left to the back of the lot. The place seemed empty, all except the carts and girl. I carefully removed the rope from the hook, allowing myself a space to get in.

RRRRRRR! I heard all of a sudden. My head snapped up to see what caused the racket. A cart came up the cement ground and stopped in front of me. That girl was driving it. She smiled to show perfect, pearly teeth.

"You want a ride?" she grinned and I joined her at the shotgun seat.

"Can you take me to the stables?" I asked her politely.

"Sure thing!" she exclaimed, and started moving out a big gate that I didn't notice before. It was out of my sight from where I was standing though, so I shouldn't have been able to see it anyway.

She pressed a button on the dashboard of the car and the gate swung open, then closed once we left. The first few minutes of our ride was in silence. I could tell she wanted to start a conversation, but didn't want to make me uncomfortable. I decided to help her out.

"So did you know I was coming?" she knew what I meant and began to speak.

"No, just when I saw you coming I figured you needed a cart. It's part of my job to help people get the carts and take them places."

"Cool, though I thought everyone here was old enough to be driving there own vehicle."

"Most of us are, but some of the people here have health issues," she lowered her voice "so sometimes they need a hand getting to places."