𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘦 - bolin

summary - where y/n and bolin get into a fight and think it's best to end things between them -- water bender!y/n / bolin
a / n - this is kind of a sad one lol i didn't mean to make it this sad but it kind of is i'm sorry skskfl

"are you kidding me? we're not 'fine'!"

my eyes widen when the words escape Bolin's mouth. he pants slightly and crosses his arms. his strong arms that used to hold me when i was sad, but don't do that anymore now that we're fighting against each other instead of with each other.

the tears are streaming down my face. i know i fucked up, i really do but that doesn't mean that i'm not sad about it. i can be sad too, right? i made the mistake.

"i know Mako's really into water benders, guess it fucking runs in the family. i kind of expected this from him i guess since he dated both Korra and Asami and even cheated on Asami with Korra, but i never knew you would be the person to do it. i never expected you to kiss him, Y/N!"

Bolin shouts when the words leave his lips. "i loved you, i trusted you. i gave you all the love i had in me and you go and rip my heart out of my chest. my own brother, Y/N. you could've chosen anyone but you kissed my brother."

Bolin shakes his head as the tears are now streaming down his face. i want to walk towards him and wrap my arms around him, to hug him and tell him it's all going to be okay just like i did when kuvira was after him, but i can't right now. i threw three years of a relationship into the trash, just because i had the urge to fucking kiss Mako. i don't even know why.

"Bolin..." i start, voice shaking. he doesn't react, which makes me even more scared for an outburst. "i'm so sorry, i really am. i shouldn't of have done it and i know that! i don't know what came over me. you have all the right to be mad at me, really..."

he laughs. "i know i do, that's why i'm mad at you Y/N. i feel fucking awful right now. thank you that my feelings are valid! i didn't need to hear that," he snaps at me.

i bite my lip, preventing myself not to cry even more. i take a deep breath and nod to myself. come on Y/N, you can do this.

"i can understand how you must feel right now. and i'm sorry, that's really all i can say. i just want you to know, Bolin..." i start, feeling my eyes get watery again, "that i love you so much. i've never loved anyone else this much before. and i don't expect you to forgive me or anything, but i hope you'll think about it... i don't want to lose you. not as my lover, but it would hurt even more to lose you as a friend."

"maybe you should've thought about that a little earlier, Y/N, before you crashed your lips into Mako's," he scoffs.

he looks at me. "and i think it's better if we split ways. i can't look at you right now. it hurts to much. all i think of when i see your face is the image of you and my brother being close to each other, your hands on his cheeks."

he shakes his head as he wipes the tears out of his face. "i'm sorry, but this is the end of us."

the tears are streaming down my face. Bolin grabs his bag and walks towards the door. he leaves my apartment, turning around once more, and then sighing deeply before he walks away, back to his own apartment.

and all i can hear are the words repeating in my head. "this is the end of us."

we sure are not fine at all.