𝘣𝘢𝘣𝘦 - korra

summary - after defeating kuvira, korra and y/n are sitting on the rooftop on air temple island, looking out over the city skyline of republic city -- air bender!y/n / korra
a / n - i thought there had to be a cuter one this time :) hope you'll enjoy this one!

i sit down next to Korra who's looking at the city skyline. she doesn't move and doesn't say anything for a while. 

"it feels so weird, no crimes and stuff," she mumbles. i look up to her and smile. "yeah, same... now that Kuvira is gone, i feel weird. i guess i'm just so used to blowing the shit out of everyone."

Korra laughs at my words, turning her head towards me and smiling. "yeah, your skills are pretty great. you've become quite a great air bender, y/n," she says, taking my hand in hers and squeezing softly. "it's so good to see how much you've grown."

"oh, stop that..." i mumble, hiding my face in my shirt. my cheeks start to blush, something Korra is really good at for some reason.

"no, i'm serious. you've gone from the insecure person you were when we first met at the pro-bending arena to one of the strongest air benders i've ever seen. i know you've only been air bending for four years, but i'm sure you'll get your tattoos soon. you're a natural."

her words make me blush. i chuckle and take my hand from her, running it through my hair right after. "you're being way too nice to me."

"i'm just saying what's on my mind, babe."

my eyes widen and i turn my head quickly to look at her. a blush forms around her cheeks. "did i really say that out loud?"

i nod my head slowly. i can't believe she just called me babe. that makes my heart beat a million times faster.

"i think we should go on a vacation," Korra then says. "just the two of us. no one else. not Mako, not Bolin, not Asami... just us two. what do you think?"

i nod at her words. "yeah, i would love that. what were you thinking?"

"you can choose."

"well... i've never been to the fire nation before. i don't know how that is, but i would love to see what it's like."

Korra stands up, holding out her hand. i grab her hand in mine and she pulls me up, me now standing right in front of her. Korra doesn't let go of my hand and smiles.

"that's settled then. we're leaving to the fire nation in two days, just the two of us and a backpack. no crimes, no fighting. we're going on a well deserved vacation."

i wrap my arms around her bigger form and hug her tight. she hugs me back and places her head on top of mine. we both enjoy this moment to the fullest, both not wanting to let go. i could stay like this forever.

"you're the sweetest. i love you."

the words leave my lips before i realise. my eyes widen and i'm afraid to let go and look Korra in her eyes, so i just don't move, hands still wrapped around her.

Korra sighs, but it doesn't sound like a sad sigh. it's more like a happy sigh, one that tells me she's been waiting to hear that. as if she's relieved those words finally left my lips.

i feel her smile against my head, squeezing me even tighter if possible. 

"i love you too, y/n."