𝘭𝘪𝘣𝘳𝘢𝘳𝘺 - bumi

summary — where y/n is dedicated to knowing more about other bending techniques and studies on them in the republic city public library all the time. however, this time a certain man finds himself in that library too -- water bender!y/n / bumi
a / n — heeyo, this imagine was requested by a reader ! if you have a requests too, let me know ! you can always send me a dm with an idea :) bumi is the youngest child of aang and katara in this story, by the way!
requested — yes, by @aroselilyforsev ! i hope you like it !

i lay my head in my hands as i yawn loudly. i've been in the library for hours, studying the air bending techniques of the past few years. the ones that are seen in books, that is.

i rub my eyes and sit up more straight, putting my head into a high ponytail. i don't even know how many hours have flown by, but it's been a lot. 

i finally decide to grab my lunch and eat some of the sandwiches i made before i went to the library. i've been in here for way too long, i noticed because of my stomach that's starting to make noises. ugh, i should eat faster when i study on bending.

i smile and take a bite of my sandwich, then turning over the page of the book is was reading on the air bending techniques. it's so fascinating to know about other bending techniques. 

i'm a water bender myself. judging from that, i think my parents would have been water benders as well. i wouldn't know, because ever since i was a child, i haven't known my parents. they were gone before i could even know that they existed.

sometimes i feel sad about it, but knowing that i wouldn't of met my dad if my parents were still around, makes it so much better. my dad took care of me ever since i was abandoned by my parents. ever since then he's been here for me and made sure i grew up the way i did. he is a water bender too and people often think he's my biological father. that isn't true, but i love it when people think that, since he feels like he is.

i turn another page and quickly grab my pen when i notice something. i write it down in my notebook and smile at the results. my notebooks are full of notes that i got from the books in the library. once i've written down everything i make sure to practice some moves and try to come up with combo's that i can use in my own water bending.

"are you an air bender too?"

my eyes widen and i turn around quickly when i hear a voice behind me. "oh, god! you scared the shit out of me!" i say, almost with a shout. i need to make sure to not make any noises or i'm not welcome in the library anymore.

the man in front of me blushes a little and puts his hand in his neck, then scratching it softly. he coughs a little, "sorry for scaring you. but eh, yeah. my name's bumi."

i smile a little, then sticking out my hand. "sorry, i may have overreacted a bit. my name's y/n. and to answer your question; no, i'm not an air bender."

bumi shakes my hand and eyes me up and down. "ah, now i see it... water bender, isn't it? you've got something that reminds me of the northern water tribe."

a small smile creeps upon my face and i nod. "oh, yeah!" i say, then letting go of his hand. "i was born in the northern water tribe! my father decided to move to republic city when i was ten years old and i have lived here ever since," i say, eyeing bumi up and down as well.

he's wearing the signature air bending clothes that were made after harmonic convergence. when that happened, many people were suddenly gifted with air bending skills. i wasn't one of them, obviously, since i was a water bender already. it looks like this person is one of those people that were gifted, too.

bumi blushes a little and takes a seat next to me, "how come you're studying air bending techniques, then?" he asks me, then grabbing the book and looking at it. he reads the page a little and looks up, his eyes meeting mine.

i decide to take a seat as well and smile at him. i grab my notebook and push it to him, then pointing at a small drawing that i made. "i like to come up with techniques myself. i study the other elements and how you bend them. when i'm practicing my water bending, i like to use earth bending, air bending or fire bending moves to maybe create something new. sometimes it fails, but sometimes i come up with nice solutions!"

"that's amazing!" bumi says, his eyes lighting up. "can you teach me some moves sometime?" he asks me, a huge blush coming from his cheeks again. "you see... i thought you looked nice so my sister told me to talk to you and ask you on a date. so yeah, this is me asking you out on a date. oh! and if you want to show me some moves sometimes. let's say, maybe we can go on two dates then?"

i laugh a little at his words and the way he gets more awkward each sentence he tells me. he scratches his arm a little and sighs. "if you don't want to, that's fine too."

"i'd love to go on a date with you and show you some tricks sometimes, bumi! consider it a date."

i smile and stand up, then grabbing my notebook and placing it back in my bag. i grab the air bending book and put it in my bag as well, making sure it's secure and safe and that my sandwiches won't touch the precious book.

"cool! how about friday night, are you free then? we could get some dinner together," he offers me, standing up as well.

i swing my bag over my shoulder and nod, then smiling politely at him. "sounds like a great plan. meet me in front of the library at seven, alright?"

i slowly back away from the table and the man in front of me while i keep looking at him. he nods at my words and sticks his thumb up. "see you at seven on friday, y/n!"

and with those words i turn around, walk out of the library and get home with the biggest smile i haven't had in ages.