𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭 - preference

summary - little stories about the time you met the legend of korra characters for the first time (they're not in the same ''time zone'', so they're at random!) --  y/n / TLOK characters
a / n - i wrote this in my ATLA imagines book so i got inspired to do these for TLOK characters as well :) hope you like it!

KORRA

you met korra on air temple island. you were with the republic city police department, since you were still learning how to become a police officer (or maybe later even a detective). chief beifong and you were there together for an important case, when korra showed up. you were trying to be responsible and be as stiff as possible since you were a police officer, but when she cracked some jokes you couldn't help but laugh at them. chief beifong wans't too happy with your behaviour, sending multiple irritated glares at you. from that moment every time you and korra met up with each other, it always started off with a joke.

ASAMI

it was a sunny day outside in republic city. you were walking alone on the streets of the city centre, as a motor cycle stopped right in front of you with a smooth 'landing'. you frowned as the person got off the motor. this person was way too gentle for a man. when the person took off their helmet, you saw a girl and your eyes widen even more. "eh, hello?" you said to her, with a frown. asami then greeted you, telling you she saw you walking on the street and thought you looked cute. she wanted to get to know you and talk to you for a bit, making sure to ask you to lunch sometime.

BOLIN

you met bolin at one of the pro bending matches. you were walking through the arena, trying to find your way to the arena and sit with your friends. you would've known where it was, if it wasn't for your small bladder. you were wandering around, but no sign of a door that led to the arena. you sighed to yourself, when you heard a voice yell out a "wait!". you turned around and saw bolin, the earth bender from the fire ferrets, run towards you. your eyes widen, you being a big fan of his team. "what are you doing here all alone?" he asked you, titling his head. you blushed at his words and told him the story of your toilet visit. he laughed softly at you, telling you he had a better spot for you to watch the game. bolin then took you to the locker rooms, where he let you watch the match from up close. you and him became the bestest of friends (or maybe even more) after that.

MAKO

it was late at night and you were sick of your parents yelling at each other, so you got out of the house and decided to go for a walk. it wasn't your best decision that day, since it was past twelve am and it wasn't the safest time to be outside for a person like you. for no one, actually. well, what everyone said was true, because you got ambushed by some guys. you yelled for help, but no one came for a solid five minutes. one of the guys grabbed you and the other one put a bag onto your head. you stopped battling and trying to get out of their grip since there was no point, and just let them to what they wanted to do, accepting the fact you couldn't fight back. your eyes were closed and you were waiting for the moment that you would be thrown into the car, when you fell onto the ground and heard some loud thuds and some fire being shot. you frowned, still laying on the floor. you tried to get your hands out of the robes, finally getting some luck. you threw the bag over your head, onto the ground. your eyes widened when you saw a guy fighting against the guys that ambushed you. suddenly a man started running towards you with a yell, making you put your hands in front of yourself. a wave of wind shot into the man's direction, making your eyes go wide. did you just air bend?  the guys noticed your new ability and quickly ran away. the guy walked towards you and told you his name. that's how you and mako met, and the story of how you discovered you were a new air bender.
(this was so long lol)

TENZIN

you had always been into the history of the air nation, so when you got your air bending after the harmonic convergence, you couldn't be happier. you were a big fan of avatar aang, so when the new avatar visited your town to look for new air benders, you couldn't be more than happy. so when tenzin showed up at your door, asking you to come with them so you could practice your air bending, your eyes widen in surprise (he also said something with getting your own bizon, so the selling point was more than proven). you couldn't be more than happy and hugged tenzin, repeating the same word over and over again; "yes!" let's say, tenzin thought you were one of the best air benders out there since you were also interested in the history of it all. (he kinda had his favorite with you ;p).

CHIEF BEIFONG

being one of the greatest earth benders in their time was something you were really proud of, but it was a bit of a shame since you used it for bad purposes. you were on the wrong path, using your metal bending and earth bending in a bad way. so when you were robbing a bank one day because you wanted to stop living on the streets, and chief beifong showed up, you had one of the bestest fights of your life. she was strong, but so were you. things got out of hand, things got destroyed and you ended up in prison. but for some reason, beifong saw potential in you and gave you a second chance (and that never happens), one you took immediately. you became one of the best detectives in republic city, and used your bending for a good cause, eventually following chief beifong into her footsteps since she became your guardian that day.

JINORA, IKKI AND MEELO

you met tenzin and pema's kids in zaofu. three years had passed since avatar korra had vanished, and kuvira tried to take over the world. you were trying to talk kuvira out of all this bullshit, when jinora, ikki and meelo arrived with korra. it was the first time you met the kids. once meelo jumped off their bison, his mouth started watering since he had such a big crush on you already. you laughed at his compliments, and jinora had to take meelo away from you. that day, you and ikki had great talks together and you got to know the kids, learning they were three of the strongest kids out there. it wasn't the last time either, since you joined korra back to republic city to take out kuvira.