Chapter 3 - Sophie

Disclaimer if you didn't know already: This is a SoKeefe/Keephie story, and there will be some bashing of Fits, especially in this chapter and other ones to come. So if you ship, Sophie and Fitz, this is probably not your cup of tea.

As soon as Sophie left Keefe's house and light-leaped to Havenfield, she started running towards her bedroom. Even Sandor struggled to keep up with her as she sprinted towards the house. Once she got to her bedroom, she took out her Imparter and whispered, "Show me Fitz Vacker."

It wasn't that she was excited to see Fitz again. In fact, she was dreading it. But she decided to get it over with before she could chicken out or convince herself that she was to blame and that Fitz was still an angel.

When Fitz showed up on Sophie's screen, he looked slightly disgruntled. "Why didn't you accept when I first hailed you?"

Sophie sighed slightly. "I was... busy." She decided not to tell Fitz that she was with Keefe, but his eyes narrowed anyways.

"How?" He asked, clearly suspicious.

"I..." She didn't know how to respond.

"You were hanging out with Keefe, weren't you?" He asked, his voice and eyes were full of pain.

"I... was," She admitted, then went on defensive mode. "But why shouldn't I, Fitz? We broke up! I should be able to hang out with whoever I want! My friends!" Her voice grew slightly louder with each sentence. "Why don't you ever complain when I hang out with Dex? Or Tam? Aren't you and Keefe supposed to be best friends? What do you have against him?"

Fitz opened his mouth to retort, then saw Sophie's expression. "So you still don't know." He shook his head sadly. "You should be able to hang out with your friends. Yeah, right." He chuckled bitterly. "Well, I'm not going to be the one who tells you."

"Tell me what?" she asked, genuinely confused. But the call had already ended. Fitz was gone.

Sophie suddenly felt a surge of exhaustion. All she wanted was to sleep. And so she cuddled into her covers, not even bothering to change her clothes, and slept.

a/n: I know this was a really short chapter, but it was mainly just for Fitz and Sophie's conversation through the Imparter.