Kabanata 26

I want to dedicate this chapter to my best friend, AngeJust Happy Birthday! I want to say thank you for simply being my friend. I don't know where I would be in life if I didn't meet you the second time in high school. You saved my ass from all the bad decisions in life. If it weren't for your pure innocence and genuine thoughts, I wouldn't be here writing stories that could inspire a lot of people. Anyway, I love you!

- Rae

---

Achievements

Sophia sent us a picture of Soren, her cute son that is almost eight years old. He is swimming at a beach and his smile is brighter than the sun.

Ninang Cybele: My inaanak! So cute :< I wanna hug you.

Ninang Talande: Bakit hindi niyo ko sinasama?
>:(

Mommy Pia: Makulit 'tong anak ko at gusto na raw mag beach ngayon. Bakit ba kasi nag post ka sa socmed ng pictures ng beach? Hindi na ako tinantanan ni Soren.

Ninang Talande: Gusto ko nang umalis dito e!

Ninang Cybele: E ginusto mo mag med e.

It has been a long time since we've seen each other. Two years ago, Kendra and Pia visited me here in Switzerland together with Soren. My expenses, of course.

We explored Switzerland for three days and ride the metro to travel parts of Italy and France.

I then remember my life way back in high school. Those days where I spend my boring hours inside the gymnasium while our Foundation day is on going. That time when Charlene and her friends caught us to imprison in their jail booth. Or that one time where I listen to chismis from my seatmates. I also remember how life was just about listening to lectures and laughing at the jokes and other 'katarantaduhan' that my classmates do. It was a core memory.

Nothing beats high school, huh? Mga panahong madali lang ang buhay. There's no pressure in school.

And of course, school is both happy and chaotic. Hindi naman lahat may magandang high school experience.

Iyon ang nasa isip ko habang ako'y naglalakad paikot ng classroom para bantayan ang mga batang nag e-exam.

They all look passionate, which I adore.

My service dog, Rowan, is just sitting cutely in front of the class. They don't mind. Besides, my students love his presence. Maybe it's the way he stick his tongue out or the way his eyes show genuine care and delight.

After exams, I congratulated all of them for their final exams. They all look tired and ready to sleep but they were all sweet to give me a hug.

There's really something special for someone who are impaired. Especially kids. They tend to be sweet.

Half day lang ang exam kaya napagpasyahan kong umikot ng bayan. I need to shop for groceries. Together with Rowan, we went to my go-to grocery where I bought condiments, snacks, toiletries, and laundry materials. Pagdating naman sa karne, isda, manok at gulay, there's a local market where I buy freshly cut. For cheese, I go to a local cheese shop where Mom and Tita Clau used to work.

While scanning for milk, I smelled a familiar scent. Kinalibutan ako sa amoy dahil sa tapang at pagkakakilanlan noon. I am really good at differentiating scent notes and this scent smells nostalgic.

Agad akong napalingon at nakita ko si Sandro na mataman akong tinitignan. He is shamelessly looking at me with his brooding eyes and clenching jaw.

Nakatayo siya malapit sa mga gulay na animo'y nagtatago pero kitang-kita naman siya sa tangkad niyang 'yan.