Kabanata 37

Art

"Happy Birthday, Dane!" Nang makalapit ako kay Dane, tsaka ko pa lang siya nabati.

Sa dami ng taong lumalapit at kinakausap siya, ngayon ko lang siya nakausap.

"Thank you, Lauren! Enjoying the party?" He smirked at me as he played with his glass of whiskey.

"Uhuh. I am glad you invited the Cantillans."

"I knew you needed them. Well, we're also acquainted with them. Especially Eostre. You're close to them, right?"

Tumango ako bilang tugon. "I'm not really used to your circle, Dane. You're my only friend." I scanned the area as I took a glimpse of the small life of these people.

"Am I really the only one you know in this circle?" Dane mischievously wiggled his brows as if he pertaining to something intriguing.

I snapped my brows together at his statement. "What do you mean? Really! You're the only one! And your hubby of course." Giit ko.

He licked his lower lip as he landed his eyes on something or someone that is behind me. Sa ginawa niya, I slightly arched my body to the back and looked at what he is looking.

Doctor Crescell Alderidge dashing on his black slim-fit tuxedo. His dark brown curly hair is now tidy compared to his messy and sweaty locks yesterday. He is smirking at whatever his companion for tonight is telling his group of three men. His eyes are all over me. His primal look is terrifying. He screams dominance and power. Hindi mo maiisip na isa siyang Scientist. His stubble added to his dominating look. His silver watch added to his aesthetic.

I brought back my vision to Dane who is already teasing me with his smile.

"I swear, we just talked." Depensa ko.

His looks are trying to convince himself that I am just denying whatever that is going on between me and Dr. Alderidge!

"Uhuh. You two just talked and the slight intimacy of him closing the gap between the two of you yesterday is just a part of a casual talk." Napatango-tango siya.

I pouted at him for trying to make the said encounter intimate.

"I already have a special someone in my life." Pag-aamin ko.

Nabulunan si Dane sa bigla kong anunsyo. I lowly chuckle and offered him a napkin near the table used for standing.

"Who?!"

Images of Sandro flashed through my mind like a movie trailer. I imagine him preparing the picnic blanket where we can be intimate together, trailing kisses on my neck to my jaw, his gorgeous smile that lits up my whole world. My Sandro is so adorable. I can't help but smile while I'm in front of Dane.

"Someone is really whipped." Pinukol ko nang tingin si Dane pero hindi ko rin mapigilan ang sarili ko sa pagngiti.

Am I really that whipped? Of course! Para akong baliw dito na bigla na lang ngingiti sa kawalan.

"Who is that special someone? May I know?" Pag-uusisa ni Dane.

Dane is a trusted friend of mine. Noong mga panahong wala siyang matakbuhan, naandyan ako para sa kanya. It wouldn't hurt if I tell him about Sandro, right? Siya pa lang ang una kong pagsasabihan ng tungkol kay Sandro. I must say, I am really nervous to tell people, especially Mommy. Thinking about my Sandro, natatapangan ako.

"Alessandro Maximillian Gervacio." I proudly stated his name.

Nawalan ng kulay ang mukha ni Dane nang sabihin ko ang pangalan ni Sandro. Nagtaka ako sa bigla niyang pamumutla.