Chapter 17

Jason's POV(before convo with Lydia)

Once we arrived at the pack house I headed to my office. Sitting at my desk I start looking up information on that Beta John.

'John Markus, royal Beta to the late King and Queen, who were killed by an unforeseen attack from rouges. The Royal family was killed that night with hundreds of loyal warriors. The warriors-in-training are shocked by finding the castle in ruins due to the attack. Rumors say John committed suicide due to grief and shame for not being able to save the royal family. Others say John is hiding waiting for the right time to try and take the throne because he was behind the attack to the royal family. We ha-'

I quit reading and start looking at the pictures of John Markus. It's the same man that's with my mate. I continue to scroll a pause on a picture. I start to read the caption that comes with the photo shocked.

'Last photo of the Royal family and Beta John Markus, King Ashton and Queen Genevieve, Lydia and Alissia. Only children to the King and Queen.'

That mean my mate is the next alpha queen and she didn't care to mention that to me. And if she didn't tell me that I wonder what else she didn't tell me.

I need a break so I stand up heading to the kitchen to make me a snack. Walking into the kitchen I see Seth and his mate, Sarah, giggling to each other. Happy. I wish Lydia could be like that with me, instead she chooses to ready for war and no tell me her MATE anything.

Suddenly not hungry anymore I leave the house to talk to my mate.

^^^^^^^^^^^

Once I reach the familiar cabin in the woods no pun intended I look for the room with Lydia's strongest scent.

Finding it I slowly slide up the window hearing the small 'thud' and quickly climb in to make sure I'm not seen. I walk around and look at her walls. There are pictures of Lydia and Alissia with the others at the lake. they look happy, all smiling.

I sigh but quickly jump away into the shadows as I hear the doorknob jiggling.

Once the door opens I see Lydia walk in I'm admiring her beauty, even after her training, watching as she slowly starts to take off her bra- wait what!

"Woah, woah, woah, woah, woah male in the room. No matter how much I would like to see you remove that bra stop! My wolf can barely stand to be here in the room with you if you don't bare my mark." I look up after I covered my face to see Lydia with her arms crossed expectantly wanting me to tell her why I'm here.

I start to fidget as I continue, "I know you said not to come back, but your my mate and I'm suppose to let you go to war! come on that would kill me if you died in combat. Why are you going to war anyways? why can't you just come home with me? Be my mate?" By the end of my explanation Im whispering thinking of all the things I know about her now and wondering I she will tell me the truth or keep to her secrets.

I look back at her to see she is arguing with her wolf so I sit on her bed and continue to wait for her.

Eventually she sighs and sits on the bed next to me. We sit in silence until she speaks.

"Alright, Jason. Yes I am your mate but I cannot have a relationship right now." I go to interrupt but she holds up a hand so I let her continue, when she is sure I'm listening again she continues," but and to tell you the truth I'm not suppose to tell you and I wouldn't be right now if it wasn't for my wolf." Im waiting patiently as she squeezes her eyes close scared of the outcome and speaks quickly but i still hear her. Imthekingandqueen'sdaughtermakingmetherightfulheirtothethroneasqueenandyouasking.

she opens her eyes and
I take it as my turn to speak "Now try that again, that way I can understand you. as you know we speak English here in A-mer-ica." I say enunciating America.

"Im the king and queen's daughter making me the rightful heir to the throne as queen and you as king." She repeats slower as I pace her room furious that it took her this long to tell me and I had to find out from a computer I mean come on!

"Jason?" Lydia questions silently due to me being quiet for awhile.

"One question," I turn to her my face full of seriousness before I shout at her "why didn't you tell me!"

I'm furious I actually don't want to know anymore. "I'm sorr-" I cut her off as I jump out the window leaving her crying with a simply 'save it.'

My wolf is howling shouting at me to go back.

'You made mate cry go back you good for nothing piece of crap!' Sebastian yells at me.

'She lied to us how could you not be mad like I am!' I question back.

'She could call me pup and I'd still give her my heart it's called love dumbbutt now go back!'

'No she didn't even bother to tell us she was an Alpha Queen she just let us believe she was human.' I point out.

'If you didn't notice she said she wasn't suppose to tell us how do you know it wasn't the beta that told her that!' Good point.

'Maybe your right but I can't I'm just going to wait it out.' I reply.

'Coward.' with that Sebastian shuts me out a I continue to run through the woods to the pack house.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

AN:

Well now you know both sides of the story here.

Who's side do you choose Sebastian, Jason, or Lydia?

By the way I don't care what you comment it's not my choice whose comment is reported or not so If yours gets reported I'm sorry it's not my fault.

I decided to make sure I don't leave y'all hanging for a chapter for so long so ill try and update every week. and I plan to have at the most 29 chapters in the story cause I like books that aren't too short but aren't too long.

You know you love me,

Xoxo

~Marysax~