Fifteen

Sophie pov

"Dad is every day like this for you?" I ask dad after the events of the day.

"Yeah, almost sometimes it is like this sometimes it's filled with meetings." He says laughing.

"That must be exhausting," I say.

"Yeah, as you saw today most days are like this."He says.

"How do you manage home also then?" I ask.

"It's a habit, I have been doing it for years, it was hard at first when you couldn't manage on your own, but yeah you've made it easier now. You have no idea how easier you make my job." He says.

"Thank you, Dad." I say. 

The rest of the ride is quiet, as both of us are tired. After a few mins, we reach home. Dad parks the car in the garage. We step out of the car.

"Take your things, don't forget them in the car." Dad says he left his coat in the car.

"Why did you leave your coat?" I ask taking my things.

"Yeah, we are going to grandma's in an hour, plan was to go straight there, but I need to take a nap or I'll be tired the whole time. He says.

"Dad, but I am tired." I say.

"Take a nap, no further argument on this topic." He said sternly.

"Fine,"I say.

Dad unlocks the house, we both go in. I don't say anything just storm up to my room and crash on the bed I was really tired.

Ashton pov

She stormed up to her room. I didn't want to make her angry. I understand why she is angry she's tired ever since Dad died, mom has lived alone and I try my best to visit her every month to make sure she didn't feel alone. I tried to convince her to come to live here but she didn't. She said the house had way too many memories of him to just leave them.  As for my sister Emily, we had a fight cause she killed my patient, so her license got canceled she could no longer be a doctor. I had no idea what she was doing now.  That was years ago but she held a grudge and didn't stay in touch. These were the times I missed Sarah the most I mean I have Sophie but she won't be able to understand. I was really hoping that we dont see Emily today. I stop thinking about this stuff and go up to my room and lay on the bed. I never wanted to sleep. I grab my phone and headphones. And put on some songs. I didn't sing along I was too tired for that.

30 mins later..

I wake up to my phone ringing. It was mom.

I pick it up. 

A: Ashton, M: Mom
M: Hey, Ashton. Are you both coming today.
A: Yeah, mom we are.
M: Were you sleeping?
A: Nope, It was just a really exhausting day
M: You don'
t need to come, then.

A:Nah mom, it's fine I want to

M; Okay then, bring Sophie with you.
A: I will.

Then she hangs up. I get up from the bed. I go into Sophie's room to wake her up.

Sophie pov

I didn't sleep. I hear the door open so I just close my eyes.

"Sophie, wake up." Dad says.

"I am up." I say and get up from the bed, I didn't want to talk to him any more than it was necessary.

"See, I need to know why you are not talking to me now." Dad says sternly.

"I don't wanna go, dad, I am already tired." I shout.

"First of all, don't shout I get that you're angry but I am your dad don't do it, and grandma wants you there so you are coming with me, get ready," Dad says and walks out of the room.

I sighed and got ready. I just brushed my hair, my clothes were perfect.  I get out of the room. Dad is downstairs talking to someone on call.

"I think I can reverse that." Dad says.

"No, you can't. She will continue to work here until you have a really good reason to fire her." The person says she was loud enough that I could clearly listen to her.

"Alright." Dad says and hangs up. 

"What are you waiting for? Come down." He says. 

I don't say anything and go downstairs. He doesn't say anything. He grabs the car and house keys. We both go out and dad unlocks the house and go sit in the car. He starts it, and we drive off to grandmas house quiet the whole ride. When we reach he parks the car in the space and there is another car there. 

Hey, I have some little questions for the book so if you wanna answer: 

1) How's the story so far? 

2) Any feedback? 

3) How much would you rate it out of 10? 

Any feedback is always welcome <3