Seventeen

Sophie pov
I wake up to the noise of drawers opening and closing from dad's room. I get up from the bed and go into his room.

"Morning Sophie. I am already late today for a meeting it starts in 10 mins. Cook yourself some eggs and toast. I am sorry I will make it up to you later. "He says.

"Morning dad, but school starts in 2 days," I say.

"Yeah, I forgot. I will be home by 2 if I am not call me." He says getting out of the room and rushing down the stairs.

I rush down with him.

"Okay. I will dad. Have a good day." I say.

"Yeah, you too. Bye."  He says, picks the car keys and rushes out the door.

"Bye, dad". I say.

I go up to my room and jump into the shower. I come out and get changed In my clothes. I spend the next 3 hours on my phone. Then I go down and make myself eggs and toast. I eat it. It was now 12 pm. I hear the door knock. I get up and look through the peephole it was the man who dad warned me about. He had a gun. 

"Open the door or I'll shoot." He said. I got scared and opened the door he stepped into the house.  

"Sophie. How are you?" He asks.

"Go out, or I'll call dad." I say stepping into the kitchen so that I could find something to hit him. I start throwing different things at him. He kept shouting at me to stop but I didn't I soon found the spice powder, so I hid it in the back pocket of my pajamas. I go near him and throw the powder at him. He screams. I take the chance and take my phone. I quickly call the police and tell them.  I see Zoey's dad who was a police officer behind him. He tells me to stay quiet by keeping a finger on his lips. I continue to act like that he is not there. He continues to scream. 

"There you are." Mike says (Zoey's dad) handcuffing the man and then he gave the man something that just made him stop the screams and just pass out. A few people then came in and took him away. 

"You did a great job Sophie I am very proud of you many people wouldn't have been able to do that. You are safe now okay? he's gone.  Call up your dad and do you know who he is?" Mike asks.

"Ah, not really, all I know is that dad had an argument with him." I say calling dad. 

"Alright, keep the phone on speaker." 

Hello, Sophie is everything alright?" Dad asked on the phone. 

"Ashton, it's Mike." He says.

"Mike what happened is she alright?"  Dad asks in a panicking voice and I hear him running.

"She is safe now, but you need to come here right now." He says.

"I will be there in 10." Dad says.

"Ashton, listen don't speed everything is alright here. Don't run any red lights." 

"I won't." Dad says. Mike comes up to me and gives me a hug. I return it. In around 15 minutes, Dad comes in. 

"Sophie are you okay? Did you get hurt?"  He asks me and pulls me into a hug.

"I am fine dad and no, I don't think I got hurt but it's a mess here,"I say. 

"Don't worry about that all I care about is you being safe. I'll clean it up later." Dad says. 

"Thank you." I say. 

"So, Mike what happened here?" Dad asks. He tells him the whole story. 

"That requires a lot of courage I am so proud of you." Dad says. 

"Thanks, dad." I say. I was starting to feel a bit overwhelmed and I didn't know why.

"Thank you for everything that you did." He says.

"Just doing my job and see you later, I need to get to Zoey." Mike says. 

"Alright, have a great day." Dad says. 

"You too, also you might get a call from the police station just to clear stuff out." He says. 

"Alright." Dad says and Mike goes out. I was shaking now and it was getting hard to breathe. 

"Sophie you're okay. He's gone the danger is one and I am right here you're safe." Dad says. 

"Okay." I manage to say. 

"Alright, let's go to the wall and sit on the ground and head between your knees. You're gonna be alright." Dad says. I do what he says and in a few minutes, I am breathing alright. 

"I am fine now." I say. 

"Alright, just keep sitting here and I am going to get you some water." He says. I didn't want to drink water. I just needed to do nothing. Still, I nod. He comes back with a glass of water. 

"I don't want to." I say.

"You have to, just a few sips not much." He says. I drink a few sips.

"Good, I'm proud of you." He says and just sits by me and I keep my head on his shoulder. We just sit there for a while. None of us saying anything. 

"Dad, can I go to my room?" I ask. 

"Sure, if you need me, yell." He says and I go to my room and just sit on the bed thinking of what happened.

End