Thirty-Nine

This chapter has the same trigger warnings as the previous chapter <3

SOPHIE POV 

"SOPHIE GET HERE NOW, WE NEED TO TALK." Dad yelled.

I knew that Mr.Radford had called him well I was dreading telling him but now I just had to face him. 

I took a deep breath and walked outside. All I could see on his face was pure disappointment and anger. 

"I'm sorry dad." 

"Sorry doesn't increase your grades, I never say anything to you. I tell you to keep your grades up I know a lot has happened lately but an F, A 3 of 50. Why did you not study?" 

"I did but I couldn't do it." 

"Sophie you have not been studying lately. Tell me what other bad grades have you got in the last two weeks?" 

"A 8/20 in french, A 16/30 in biology." 

"This is not you, you just come home and then lay in bed. Don't think that I don't see that." 

"I'm sorry dad." 

"JUST DON'T APOLOGISE. GO AND STUDY IF I SEE YOU LAYING DOWN YOU'RE DONE." 

"Okay." 

"AND GIVE YOUR PHONE TO ME. YOU DON'T DESERVE IT AFTER THESE KIND OF GRADES." 

He had never yelled at me like that before. 

"RIGHT NOW." 

I ran to my room and gave him my phone. 

"Now you just get this when you're in school. Go to your room and do all the questions that you did wrong and get them checked tomorrow, I wanna see it." I nodded and went to my room. He sat on the sofa. 

I took out the test paper and a notebook and started solving all the questions. I didn't know a single one. 

Dad came in. 

"you've just done two till now, use your brain." 

"I don't know how to." 

"WHAT DO YOU DO IN SCHOOL THEN?" 

"I'm sorry." Tears started falling. 

He never yelled at me. 

"I don't care. Stay up. But tomorrow, I'm gonna talk to him whether or not you got the questions checked." 

I nodded. He went out. 

"Solve them. You don't have time to cry." I said to myself. 

It was now 6 am and I was finally done. I was tired but I had no time to sleep. I decided to shower. I took my time in there. 

I stepped out, dried my hair, and covered the dark circles. they were getting bigger day by day and wore a shirt and sweatpants. When I stepped out Dad wasn't at home. My phone was on the table with a note on it. 

"I'm at work. Get the paper checked. Your phone will lock itself at 3 30." 

There was no emotion in the note just plain words. No smile. He was disappointed. I grabbed it and walked to school. I had gotten there ten minutes early. I decided to give him the paper then only so he could check it. 

I knocked on the door. 

"Come in." 

I walked in. 

"Hey Sophie, what's that?" He pointed to the paper.

"Ah my dad asked me to do the test again and get it checked by you it's not a retake just so I can understand the questions."