Twenty two

*The day school starts*

Sophie pov
I wake up to dad shaking my shoulder.

"Come on get up first day of school as a sophomore. "He says.

"Yeah." I say sleepily still not getting up.

"Sophie, come on up it's the first day of school."  He said.

"I'm up." I said. 

I still didn't talk to him about that. But I wanted to today if he came home early and in a good mood. I get into the washroom and get out wearing my clothes. I look at myself in the mirror.

Was it good enough? I thought.

"Yes, Sophie it is good enough you look amazing." Dad said leaning against the door frame.

"How did you know I was thinking that?" I ask.

"It's written all over your face." He said smiling. I nodded.

"Now get down. You don't wanna look the part and end up in the principal's office for being late." He said.

"Yeah, I will be right down just let me get my stuff." I say.

"Alright." He said and rushed down.

I put my stuff in my bag.

"It is a new year Sophie a new start." I say to myself.

A new year without mom. Another year and life is the same with me being a failure and just disappointing everyone.  A voice in my head said.

I brushed it off and put a smile on my face cause  I didn't want dad to know that and rushed down. Dad was there.

"Well, you can come today and we will see. "He says into the phone.

He kinda was always on the phone but I knew he had to manage. Plus, he did not have to go. Just a phone call.

"Well, today is a good and sunny day. Huh?" He asked.

"Yes. A perfect day to start a new year at school." I say.

"Exactly."He says.

I was excited now. Being a sophomore and I was kinda nervous what if I wasn't in any classes with Chloe or Zoey. But this exact thing was going to be revealed today only about 2 hours at most left of thinking about that.

"Dad, will you drop me off or school bus?" I ask as we sit down to have breakfast.

"I will drop you. I still have time before my first patient." He says. I nod. 

We continue eating and once we are finished we get into the car after grabbing all the stuff and locking the house.

 "So shall we begin the ride? He asks as he puts on his seatbelt and I put on mine

"Let's go." I say. He started the car and started the ride. 

He got Emily's call. He put it on speaker.

"Yeah em. What happened?" He asks.

"Nothing, ash just wanted to know when you will be at work." She said.

"Did something happen?" He asks.

"Actually yeah Lockwood did something stupid that messed with the administrative things and now we need you to decide what will happen to him next." She says with anger in her voice.

"I will be right there. I just need to drop Sophie off at school." He says.

"Alright. Come here fast." She says.