Three

A few days later
Sophie pov

I wake up at 6 am, as usual, dad is not there waking me up.  Instead, he is calling me.

"Yeah, dad where are you?" I ask him. 

 "I had to come to work, and this is to wake you, get ready, everything is done, I couldn't make your lunch. So, the lunch money is on the table". He said.

 "Okay sure," I said.

 "See you later, have a good day and take care." He said.

 "Same to you". I said and hanged up.

 Then the school day was fine. Then there was this practice football game today. All students were supposed to be there so I messaged dad that he would have to come to pick me up. 

D: Ashton, s: Sophie
S: Dad, there is a practice football game and we all are supposed to be there, so I will be late I will be free around 5 pm.
D: Sure, I will be there to pick you at 5.
S: Ok. Thanks, dad, gotta go  bye
D: Bye.
End

 Then we all watched the players play for a while. Then the cheerleaders had to form a pyramid. Chloe was getting to the top when she slipped. Everyone immediately panicked including me.

 We all ran over to her. The coach of the football sat down on the ground and took her wrist in his hand supposedly checking her pulse.   Then the nurse came.

 "Call the ambulance now". She said. A teacher took his phone out and started calling. 

 "Sophie, call your dad." The teacher said as she knew dad is a doctor. 

I immediately called him.

 "Hey, dad, Chloe fell of the pyramid they were forming, she is unconscious". I said I was out of breath. 

"Sophie calm down have you called the ambulance?"  He asked. 

"The teacher is calling". I said looking around to see the teacher on the phone. 

"It just departed from here. Sophie, come with her she is gonna need you and I will be here ready, and just try to stay calm she'll be alright take a deep breath." He said. 

"Okay dad," I said after a few mins the ambulance arrived. I got in the ambulance as dad said I should.

 In 10 mins, the ambulance reached the hospital. Dad was there as she said. He was wearing normal clothes. I called chloes parents they were in Singapore. They were always somewhere. After 10 mins, dad came.

" Call Chloe's parents I need their consent," He said in a hurry. 

"What happened, dad?" I asked I was worried. 

 "See, it's easy to fix but I need to ask them. Just a major break that needs surgery but the surgery is pretty easy". He said. 

 "Here you go". I said and called chloes dad. 

He explained everything to him. Then he handed my phone to me after they said their bye's to each other. 

 Then he said follow me. I followed him. On the way, he stopped and said prep her now we need to get her in as soon as possible I will meet you all there only.  The nurse nodded and all the people started moving things around.  Then dad and I got into the lift. He had his hands in his pockets, he was tapping his foot, muttering something I couldn't understand.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

I was just recalling the steps of the surgery I have to do, it's usually good to recall these steps if you have the time, and right now I'm free so I was doing that". He said after a while. I just nodded. 

"It will be okay, Don't cry, and trust me". He said and we walked out of the lift. 

Then we came across a door you can sit here. He said pointing to a chair.

" I want to come in". I said.

"Staff only," he said pointing to a sign.  I sighed Then he went in. He washed his hands and held them in a way that his fists were in front of his shoulder. Then he again opened a door by leaning on it. Then I couldn't see anything. I just sat in the waiting room it was going to be a while 

Chloe's dad called after an hour and said that they were on a flight and it will be a day more. Then I sat on the chair for a while then I dozed off to sleep. 

Then I woke up to dad shaking my shoulder he looked worried and had an extreme look of guilt on his face when he said I am sorry Sophie but she died. I cried Chloe Chloe on that. 

"Sophie, Sophie". dad said shaking my shoulder I didnt realize where I was. He shined a light into my eyes. Then I realized that I was in a hospital and it was just a bad dream. 

" Where is Chloe?" I asked dad. 

 "I just got out of doing her surgery, you were asleep so I woke you up." He looked confused. Then I told him everything.

 "Hey, it was just a bad dream. She's alright the surgery was successful,"  he said as I kept my head on his shoulder.

 "I need to check on Chloe".  He said after a while of us both just sitting in silence. 

"Can I come?" I asked as the both of us stood up. 

"Sit on the chair outside I will call you if any of us needs you".  He said and we walked over to the recovery section. 

He went into chloes room talked to her for a while. Then I could hear her crying.

 "I think she needs you." He said popping his head out. I walked in. Chloe was crying. Dad stood in a corner. I think he knew that he would be the last person she would want to see right now.

"Are you okay?" I asked Chloe. I knew she was not, but I didn't know what to say or do right now. 

"No, I am not,  I can't even properly walk for about a month." She said  I looked towards dad for confirmation he nodded and said "It is the max amount I am giving miracles happen all the time." Chloe nodded. 

" Yeah, exactly and no matter what happens I will be with you all the way,"  I said. 

"Thanks, Sophie". She said. 

I sat with Chloee for a while. Dad left after that. We switched the tv on and we kept on watching for an hour or two. Then a nurse said that I should go now as it was 10 pm. I stepped out after saying goodnight to Chloe.

 Dad was nowhere to be seen. I asked the nurse she said I dont know where he is check his office. I checked his office he was not there also. I stepped out immediately slipped and hit my arm hard on the floor. I immediately stood up before anyone could see me. Then I just sat on a couch there was. I don't know when but soon I dozed off.