12

omniscent

Davine walked up to her grandma's door and knocked.

She was excited to see her grandma after so long.

Davine would always go to her gma's house during the summer so she knew a lot of people in the neighborhood her grandma lived in.

She knew there was going to be a barbecue today because her grandma done told someone she was coming and you already know word spreads fast in the hood.

She was excited to eat some good food though.

"My baby" her grandmother was actually quite young.

She had only entered her sixties this year making her only 60 years old.

"I hope you don't got no nigga in here." Davine told her making her grandma smack her lips.

"Luh girl if I wanted a nigga here, he'd be here. But I only want to spend time with you."

Davine smiled.

It wasn't everyday someone related to her told her that.

"Sooo when the barbecue?"

Grandma scoffed "girl please you only worried bout that food"

Davine laughed at her although it was true.

"I'm just hungry grandma"

"I'm just hungry grandma, getcho ass on we leaving now. It started damn near two hours ago. And I told you that too"

Davine rolled her eyes.

"Granny, you know black people never start on time. I'm telling you they probably just started coming."

Davine said all matter of factly.

___________________________

Davine was right.

When they got in, they were arriving with other folks at the same time.

The barbecue was at TT Destiny house.

Of course Destiny wasn't actually her auntie, but since she was basically an auntie for her she call her that.

They really just hood related for real.

Kailen

Kailen
Davine? I need you rq can you come over some time?

Davine
I'm at a cookout, give me like 4 hours

Kailen
Aight
Read: 2:47 pm

Davine shut her phone off, going to talk to some old friends she ain't seen in a bit.

She could hear some kids say things like "ain't that LeBron James daughter?" Or "don't she play in that show Stranger Things"

She was wondering what Kailen needed from her and why he was even texting her.

But she shrugged it off and walked over to K3 and Killa.

She seen Robyn, Jordyn and some other chick next to them.

She also saw baby Leilani with MJ and Khi.

She walked over to them first going to baby Lani.

"Robyn, you baby look just like MJ" she dragged.

"I know, she a traitor" Robyn rolling her eyes to her daughter.

"Wassup" she dapped up K3 and nodded her head at Killa ignoring Jordyn.

"Yo, this my homegirl Kwamy"

"Wassup, how come I ain't never seen you 'round?"

"I don't know, I only come out when I know they serving food" kwamy told Davine.

I need to fuck with her.

"I need to head out though, I'a fuck with yall"

She dapped them up telling her granny she going home and driving to Kailen's house.

A/N; yo