Dwelling In Possibilities

From thousands of players, it is Seo Jun Hee? Fate? Coincidence?

Jin Woo wasn't the cause of our relationship's failure. It was dishonesty and distrustful between Jun Hee and me. But the break up indeed was ugly. He may be holding a grudge in his heart, but he may not too. No communication has happened since the break up until that afternoon at the Subway across J-One. To say that he has a motive not to take Jin Woo out from the game is a baseless presumption.

I text Seung Ho, telling him that I want to meet him, but he says that he is on his way to the church. I immediately go out, find a taxi, and rush the driver to take me to my destination faster.

"Please, I need to reach the church as soon as possible," I beg him.

"No worries, Ma'am. Is someone dead?" he chuckles.

Not helping. I don't answer him but soon his face turns softer. Feeling guilty joking after something which is not funny at all. The last place where Jin Woo was gone to, in this dimension. Where he was disappeared and left some dust to mourn.

Well, there was some dust which the game identified as Secretary Seo, who was deceased weeks before. Jin Woo left some dust too, but no one ever found his body. We've been holding into that possibility. Seung Ho has been on his way to winning the game, conquering the quest, so that he may be on his way turning the impossible into possible.

We dwell in possibility.

Paying cash without even care about the change, I ran out and rush in. Nobody's there. Could Seung Ho has logged in and for some reason, I can't see him?

Mixed emotions stirred into one. Even though I'm sure he knows what to do, there is a risk of he won't come back just like what happened to Jin Woo. He should be on the final level at this moment, and who knows that I might be threatened by an enemy? Instead of taking Jin Woo out, there is also this chance that he would be sucked in too. I can't afford that. I would be losing myself, living in limbo.

I kneel in front of the altar, sobbing my brother's name, "Seung Ho...Yoon Seung Ho.."

"Jin Ah," I hear my name is called. "Yoon Jin Ah," softer this time, as the voice owner is approaching me.

After I have my tears wiped, my head turns and my eyes meet a pair of eyes I've tried to avoid the most in this world, Seo Jun Hee. I guess it's not him holding any grudge but it's me carrying heavy guilt. The break up was on me.

He looks weary. His grey tee is wet on the chest area, and sweat is all over his forehead. The arm sleeves of his sweater are pulled up to his elbows, and I can see some bruises on his hand. He doesn't carry any weapon, not what I can see with naked eyes, but his hand looks like holding something in it.

But he can see me, and I can see him. Where is Seung Ho?

"I don't know that you're playing it too," I say.

"I am. I am about to enter the last level," he pants.

"Are you still log in? You able to see me when you're login?"

"Of course. Have you ever played this game?" he creases an eyebrow.

So probably, probably, all this time, Jin Woo could see me from wherever he is.

To Jun Hee's question, I shake my head, " No, because Seung Ho forbids me. Where is he?"

"I was going to ask you. He finished the previous level earlier, hours earlier than me, but I guess he logged out right after that."

"Why are you, Jun Hee?"

"Why what?"

"Why are you playing this game? How can you reach this level?" as what I know, Jung See Jo didn't leak any clue or guide anyone but Seung Ho.