A Speck of Dust in The Galaxy

Author's Note : this story has a super cool, dope, sick FMV!!! Look up on

https://twitter.com/sunshaines_/status/1336657431288373252?s=21

thank you so much @binthebear /sunshaines_ in Twitter! Your talent is a true gift for JinJin!

--------

The sound of falling rain needs no translation. Everyone keeps their memories in the rain, often the most beautiful yet hurt the most. As if the universe tries to tease us, once in a while grey painted sky throws its confetti. Others might just grumble and get wet, but not me.

Every time the rain comes, for some moments, sometimes for hours, as if I lost my ability to speak or think of something else, I will bring myself to the corner, staring out, feeling it, and calling him back in silence. Those were the days when I was still in Jeju, longing for him who was in Granada.

I thought he was just fine, working, and running some tests. Well, he wasn't lying about working and running some tests, but he was nowhere near fine.

Granada was dreadful, my darling is in pain. Merely looks like a graze from the outside, but Yoo Jin Woo is torn inside. He's been perfect, even when the whole world thinks he's crazy weird, he's still perfect for me.

I left everything, took the first chance to fly 9.908 kilometers, and came for him. All I've been doing here is nothing but proclaiming my love, caring for him in every possible way.

But it's been consuming me, and I'm not talking about material things, but it almost takes its toll on me. Not physically draining either, but I've been struggling to manage myself to stay strong so he can lean on me. He fights the unseen, and he keeps ranting about how the unseen will hurt me if he doesn't fight him back. Intuitively, he seeks comfort in me whenever the Alhambra terror comes up in the middle of the night.

Just like tonight. Jin Woo drags himself to the bathroom and sways his hand in the air as if he has a sword in his hand when I wake up. I am late. Abruptly, I jump down from the bed and chase him down. As if he forgets that he isn't in a fit condition, he is so focused on fighting against the unseen.

With his tall and built figure, Jin Woo is way stronger than me and I have trouble pulling him out. The bathroom tiles are wet and I am afraid that he might slip and fall. Before he can step into the wet area, I cling on to him, but he shrugs me off without even looking at me. Pissing off with everything I have swallowed today, and this is my last straw. I stand steady in front of him, close our distance, and slap his cheek. Hard.

Taken aback, he turns his face to me, furrows his brow, and scolds out, "what the hell?!"

"Wake up, Jin Woo! Get yourself together!"

"Jin Ah, watch out!" he pulls me aside and swings his arm in the air, eyes focus on the empty corner in the bathroom.

"Jin Woo!" I hit his chest, trying to avert his eyes back to me, "stop it!"

He stiffs for a moment, the fiery blaze on his eyes are slowly fading, and I take my chance to lead him to the way out. He can walk by himself at this moment, even though will be better for him if he uses a stick to keep him balanced.

He sits on the edge of the bed I stand in front of him. He doesn't look as anxious as five minutes ago, but still panting. Suddenly he wraps me in his arms, leaning over my chest to block his sight like how I did to him every night. But this time, consciously he finds his way to me. I rub his back, soothing him down until calm washes over us. His breath finds its rhythm back and he lets out a long sigh.

I tuck him back on the bed and pull the blanket over him. He holds my hand and smiles weakly before closing his eyes back to sleep. As night claims him back, I step out to the patio by the bedroom and open a canned of beer, trying to get high leaving this mess behind for a moment.