Chapter Eight- Devastation

~Aubrey's point of view~

~Three months later~

I am woken up by what sounded like an explosion. I jump out of bed, and my feet immediately feel the water on my feet. I walk out to the hall. I see the water rushing from the bathroom. I open the door to the bathroom and see that the bathtub had been cracked and the floor is caving in. It's three in the morning, but I have no choice to call Greenlee.

~~Phone conversation~~

Greenlee: "Hello?"

Aubrey "I need you to come home."

Greenlee: "What wrong?"

Aubrey: "I heard something that sounded like an explosion. I got up, and there was water on the floor. I followed where it came from. The bathroom upstairs has pretty much been destroyed, and water is going everywhere."

Greenlee: "I will be right there."

~End conversation~

~~Greenlee's point of view~~

This is the last thing I need to happen right now. I was already awake when she called. I had just laid Bria back down; She will sleep until morning now; I turn and see Callen at the door.

Callen: "I am going with you."

Greenlee: "You heard her?"

Callen: "I did. I know more about this stuff than you do. I am going with you."

Greenlee: "What about Bria?"

Callen: "You get her, and I'll get her playpen. We will take her to Ari. She can take care of her if we make sure she has everything."

Greenlee: "Ok."

He heads upstairs to get her playpen. I pack everything Bria would need in her diaper bag and grab her. We head down the steps together. I open Ari's door, and Callen goes in first. Arianna was awake. She was sitting on her bed.

Arianna: "What's wrong?"

Callen: "There has been an accident at Greenlee's house. We have to go figure out how to handle it."

Arianna: "Ok. You guys, be careful."

We make our way to my house; we took Callen's truck; it doesn't take us long to get there. Before we even get out, Callen speaks.

Callen: "A pipe under the house burst. Let's go look to be sure, but I am positive, that is what it is."

I suddenly feel embarrassed about my house. This is the first time he has been here. It's the first time we've been out in public together. He grabs my hand as soon as he gets to my side of the truck. Our relationship has grown leaps and bounds these last three months. It had been like an alternate version of a fairy tale.

Aubrey meets us on the porch. She is wet from head to toe.

Aubrey: "The whole house full of water."

Callen: "You two stay out here. I'll go in and take a look."

He kisses me then goes in.

Greenlee: "How bad is it?"

Aubrey: "It's bad, Greenlee. I did get to Granny's room and got everything sentimental and important out before it got ruined. It's all in my car."