Chapter Nine- This is all your fault.

~~Greenlee's point of view~~

It has been two weeks since Arianna died. Callen has been distant and cold. I expect, and I am ok with it. I am hurting too. I loved Arianna. I had no clue what she was planning. I would have stopped her had I known. I have Bria in her nursery. I chose to stay away from him. I know he needs time. I'm giving him the space he needs. I can't even begin to fathom what he is going through.

Aubrey has been really respectful. She came to the funeral, and we discussed bills and things then, but she has kept her distance. I will pay her back when things settle down. Nancy called to check-in. Other than that, it's been quiet. The funeral was just Callen, me, and Aubrey; Callen wanted no one else there. That was also Arianna's request.

When Callen went to the house, she died, at he was handed a suicide note. It also had a legal notice attached to it with Arianna's demands. He had to follow what she wanted legally. It also stated that she had her whole funeral paid for. She had taken care of everything.

She told him in the letter that she couldn't handle the pain anymore. That he deserved a wife who could give him everything he wanted. Bria deserved a mom that could be there for her, always not just part time. She said that she had made this decision before she even had Bria that she wanted him to have a part of her for the rest of his life.

The door to Bria's nursery opens. Bria immediately runs to her dad. He picks her up. I notice he has an envelope in his hand. I don't speak. He hasn't spoken a word to me since the night he found out. He will hand me things or leave them on the counter and point to them. He will not use his voice around me at all.

The next thing I know, he is throwing the envelope at me.

Callen: "This isn't your home. You should not be receiving mail here. Do not let it happen again."

He walks away with Bria.

I open the envelope; It had no return address on it; I find a letter and a flash drive.

~~

Greenlee,

I sent this to you because I knew that you would make sure that Bria got to see this. These are messages that I recorded for her. They go from her first birthday to her eighteenth. There is one for her wedding day, her first child's birth, and graduation from high school and college. There is also one for each Christmas from her first to eighteenth. When she is old enough, please have her watch them.

I never said it while I was alive, so I am saying it now. THANK YOU. Thank you for loving my daughter and Callen. I know that you will take care of them. Please continue to love them with the same love you showed them while I was alive.

Thank you for being a friend to me when I needed one. I will miss out on cuddle sessions and our endless discussions about the man we both love. Take care of him.

I love you,

Arianna.

~~

With tears running down my face, I find Callen. He was on the third floor with Bria; I don't speak. I won't. I lay the letter on the counter with a flash drive and go to my room. I lay on my bed and cry. Arianna was important to all of us. I can't show my emotions in front of him. I knew her for five months; he knew her for over twenty years.

I have been staying in my own room since she died. I know he doesn't want me in his bed. He barely wants me around his daughter. My door flies open. I sit up.

Callen: "ALL OF THIS IS YOUR FAULT. YOU ARE THE REASON SHE IS GONE."

He turns his back to me.