Chapter Eleven- The Christmas party.

~~Greenlee's point of view~~

I have been with the Clemons for one month, two weeks, and five days. It has been great. I love Zoey. She is the sweetest kid you'll ever meet. This has been what a Nanny job is supposed to be. I have her during the day, and I cook the meals. I chose to, Zach can cook and sometimes does. When he comes home, he takes over.

For the first few weeks, I would go to my room. One night Zoey made her way into my room. She laid down in my bed with me and went to sleep. Zach freaked out because he couldn't find her. He opened my door and found her. I thought he would flip out, but he didn't. He let her sleep. Since that night, I stay in the living room.

I really like Zach. He is an exceptional father and an all-around good guy. Being around those two has lifted my spirits. It doesn't take all the pain away, but it no longer eats away at me. Callen was never really mine; Bria was never my child. Arianna was my friend; I go to her grave and my Grandmother's every Sunday. That is the only day I take. I like spending Saturdays with Zach and Zoey. I know they don't mind. Aubrey even comes sometimes.

Nancy calls to check in often. She questioned me heavily about Callen. She had heard the same rumors that Zach did. I assured her it was a lie. She repeated she wasn't worried about them but me. I let her know that thanks to her, I was doing well. The Clemons was what I needed to get myself out of the funk.

Zoey and I are sitting at the table fingerpainting. I do things with her every day; She is a smart kid. She picks up on things quickly. I burst out in laughter the first time she called Zach by his name. He was speechless; We quickly corrected her. Her new favorite word is asshole; that would be my fault too, Zach likes to pick. He gets me flustered. I called him an asshole under my breath, and she heard it. He says something she doesn't like, and she calls him an asshole. I have refrained from using any more curse words around her.

The front door opens. I look at my phone; he is home early.

Zach: "How're my girls today?"

Greenlee: "We've had a good day. Why are you home early?"

Zach: "Because I can be."

I bite my tongue. I want so bad to call him an asshole.

Zoey: "Asshole."

I laugh. Thank you, Zoey.

He comes over and kisses the top of Zoey's head and then kisses my cheek. He has done this every day since the first day. I don't mind it.

Zach: "I should fire you for teaching my kid bad words."

Greenlee: "You would miss me if you did."

Zach: "Damn right, I would."

I was joking when I said that; I could tell by the look on his face he wasn't, I don't comment. He walks off to his room. Five minutes he comes back out in nothing but shorts. He had a confused look on his face.

 He had a confused look on his face