Chapter Thirteen- Hard conversations.

~~Zach's point of view~~

It's been three weeks since we found Bria on my doorstep. To say things haven't been weird would be an understatement. They haven't been bad, just a bit different. I have another man's child in my home. I have a woman who is deeply in love with that man in my house. I still feel the same way that I did. I still want as much time with her as she will allow me.

She offered to leave. She said she would go back to Callen's. I didn't want that. I know she will go home eventually. Until then, I want her under my roof. The truth is I don't mind Bria here. She and Zoey get along really well, and I have even heard Zoey tell her that she loves her.

This would be perfect if this were our reality. It isn't, and Greenlee and I both know it. I can say that if Callen hadn't come back in the picture, we could have had a good life together. It would have been a life without Love, but it would have been happy. She and I both deserve better than that.

She was honest with me the moment she came home. She sat at the table with Aubrey and me and told us everything. After Aubrey left, she told me that she and I needed to talk about Zoey. She asked that I give her a few weeks. I was willing. She told me this morning before I came to work that she had a meeting with Callen; she said we would need to talk after. I know what it is. I agree with her. I won't tell her I know I'll let her say it. We are both on the same page.

I know that Aubrey is leaving work at lunch to go watch the girls. I don't mind her being in my home. I can see why she and Greenlee are best friends. She is a really sweet girl. She has been amazing through all of this. She and Greenlee got into it right after she came back from Callen's. Aubrey felt that Callen had suffered enough. I stepped in and pointed out the Bria had suffered me than any of the adults.

My phone rings.

~~Phone Conversation~~

Zach: "Hello, Love."

Greenlee: "Hello."

Zach: "What's up?"

Greenlee: "I am headed to see Callen."

Zach: "Are you ok?"

Greenlee: "I am. You and I need to talk. It depends on how this conversation with Callen goes."

Zach: "Why do I hear hesitation?"

Greenlee: "Because today determines how the rest of my life is going to turn out. Either way, it's going to be incredible..."

Zach: "But..."

Greenlee: "I have two incredible men who I have to have in my life. I don't know how to make that work if this conversation with Callen is not good."

Zach: "But you do if it goes well?"

Greenlee: "Yes."

Zach: "You have me so thoroughly confused Love. I thought I knew what today was. I am totally wrong. Let me ease your mind, though. I am not going anywhere. You and I don't have to be together for me to be in your life. I will never walk away. I can't and won't speak for Callen; he has to make his own choices."

Greenlee: "If he doesn't agree today..."

Zach: "If he doesn't agree, what?"

Greenlee: "We will talk about it later."

Zach: "Ok."

I hear her crying. My heart breaks for her.

Greenlee: "Thank you, Zach."

Zach: "I will do anything for you. Love."

Greenlee: "I'll call you when I leave."

Zach: "Sounds good. I hope things go well."