Chapter Ten- Reassigned.

~~Greenlee's point of view~~

It's been two weeks since we've gone to the bank. I haven't seen or heard from Callen. I am more than ok. I have to keep moving on. I love him more than I ever thought I could ever love a man, but it wasn't meant to be. I can't let myself go through what I did when my Grandma died. I am thankful that Nancy has been giving me daily assignments.

My phone rings.

~~Phone conversation~~

Greenlee: "Hello."

Nancy: "Hello, Dear."

Greenlee: "What's up, Nancy?"

Nancy: "Would you be interested in another live-in?"

Greenlee: "Who owns the contract?"

Nancy: "Kindercare."

Greenlee: "No funny business?"

Nancy: "Nope. Standard contract. Monday through Friday. Off on weekends. One Saturday a month is required."

Greenlee: "Ok."

Nancy: "Come by the office. It starts today."

Greenlee: "I'll head there now."

~~End conversation~~

I head over to the office. Contracts with Kindercare are different. I don't have to go to them; first, I sign it with Nancy, and she sends me, and they either take me or don't. They are required to keep me until they can get a replacement. I am still nervous about it. I pack my stuff and call and leave Aubrey a message. I get to her office quicker than I wanted to.

Nancy: "Hello, Dear."

Greenlee: "Hello."

Nancy: "Are you sure that you are ready for this?"

Greenlee: "I am."

Nancy: "What happened with them, Bryant's Greenlee?"

Greenlee: "He just didn't need me after Mrs. Bryant died."

Nancy: "I don't care about them. I care about you. I know something more happened there. You aren't the same, Greenlee. That family changed you."

Greenlee: "You're right; they did. They taught me that love conquers all. They also taught me that love could destroy you in a matter of moments. I am sure that in the contract I signed, there was some kind of non-disclosure. I will not talk bad about them. They were both amazing people. Mr. Bryant just needs to work his stuff out in his own way."

Nancy: "If he wants you back, would you go?"

Greenlee: "He won't want me back, but if given a chance, I'd really have to think about it."

Nancy: "I understand. The new person is a single dad; He's new to town. He has a two-year-old daughter. He moved here a month ago. His mom has been with him for the last month, but she needs to head home now. He is in need of a nanny; He asked for a live-in because he has a girl; her mom died three months ago. They were not together. They divorced when the child was an infant, I have met him. He is a great guy who just needs assistance."

Greenlee: "I understand."

She hands me the contract. I carefully read it, sign it, then give it back to her. She gives me the address, and I make my way there. It's a tad bit out of the city limits, but that is even better. The further away, the better. I make it house. It's a beautiful home with lots of land.