Chapter 6

Bri's POV

"Are you ready?" Livvy asks me.

"Yeah." I lie.

Livvy grabs my hand and we walk through the main doors and into the ball room. All of the guests clap and smile at us.

Me and Livvy reach the end of the room and all of the guests continue dancing.

"You two look gorgeous!" Our "mother" squeals, kissing us both on the cheek. "The prince will arrive for you soon, Brianna." She says excitedly.

Livvy's POV

I watch Bri and the super hot Prince dance. Am I jealous? Probably.

I walk over to our fake mom who is talking to the princes aunt.

"Do I get a prince?" I ask her, pouting my lip out.

She shakes her hand at me to leave. I make a rude face behind her back and walk over to the big window.

Boring mountains, boring sky and a dragon. Cool!

"Hey Elizabeth!" I call out.

"Yes, Princess Olivia?"

"Look, over there, by the mountains." I say pointing.

Elizabeth's eyes widen. "Oh no." She says.

Elizabeth runs out of the ball room and I follow. "Hey! Wait up! What's wrong?" She keeps running and stops at a door.

She reaches into her boot and pulls out nothing. "I forgot my keys!"

I pull a pin out of my hair and put it into the lock and twist. The door pops open.

She looks at me then shrugs and walks into the room.

"What are we doing?" I ask her, following her up a ladder.

"We need to sound the alarm."

"What? Because of the dragon?"

"Dragons are very dangerous." She opens the latch."Its coming this way."

We climb into a room that has four guards sleeping on little beds.

Elizabeth grabs the giant bell on the center of the room and starts pulling on it, causing it to ring.

The guards all jerk up, grab their horns and start blowing into them.

Bri's POV

"What's happening?" I yell to the prince over all the commotion in the ballroom.

"I don't know." He yells back.

Guards with bows in hand run through the room and out the front door.

I run over to the window and look outside and see dragons. I count six before one of them fly into the castle and break off part of the wall.

The prince grabs my hand and pulls me along with him. We run down the hall way and into the training room.

"How do you know where everything is?" I ask him, breathing heavily.

"Do you think this is the first time I've been here?" He asks, grabbing a sword. "Grab something, we're leaving."

"I don't even know you! And my best friend is out there some where!"

He grabs a bow and some arrows and hand them to me.

Livvy's POV

I follow closely behind Elizabeth through an emergency escape tunnel with at least fifty other people.

Drip, drip, drip, drip.

"Elizabeth. Could we please stop? I'm very thirsty, I hear some water!" I say to Elizabeth.

A few others behind me agree.

"Fine." She answers, following the source of the dripping noise. "I think it's coming from in there." She says pointing to a small opening.

I squeeze through opening and nearly faint. The dripping is coming through the floorboards from the castle above and it's not water, it's blood. Elizabeth comes in after me and her eyes widen.

"Nobody else come in here!" She calls through the opening. She grabs my arm and pulls me back out with the other people and continues walking down the tunnel.

"Hey what about the water!" A woman that looks about in her thirties calls out.

"It's not water." I say quietly.