Chapter 10

Bri's POV

I wake up in a small white room. I look around and realize that I'm in a hospital room. I pull the tubes out of my arms and nose and walk to the door, opening it just a crack to peek outside. I see doctors and nurses running down the hallway and then I remember, Livvy.

I walk out of the room and start running but fall over. My legs are still weak. This is all my fault. I start crying on the floor in the middle of the hallway. Livvy is dead because of me.

"Brianna!" I hear somebody cry from behind me.

I turn around with teary eyes to see mom running down the hallway towards me. I'm about to call out to her when I see somebody else behind her. My dad.

My mom and dad got a divorce three years ago and my dad got a new girlfriend two days later. I hated him for that. Him and his girlfriend, Kate, are now married for two years with a son, Toby. I refuse to call him my brother.

"You're awake," my mother says with tears streaming down her face.

She looks at me for a few more seconds then notices my red eyes.

"You've heard?" She asks me. I nod.

My dad finally reaches where I'm sitting on the floor. He smiles then bends down to grab my hand and help me up.

"Don't touch me," I say, in a warning tone. He looks hurt.

"Todd, can you go get her some coffee?" She asks my dad. He nods and walks away.

My mother helps me up and brings me into a hug and that's how we stay for what hours, when she pulls away.

"Let's go home," she says.

"What about dad?" I ask her.

"Don't worry about him, she answers, smiling.

I smile too and leave the hospital with my mom leaving everything behind me.