Chapter 3

Bri's POV
It's been a week since I've started reading 'Daughter of War' and I've learned a lot so far.

I've learned that the lady in the flowing dress is my mother, Elizabeth is our maid and cook, the people with decorations were setting up for a ball and most importantly that I'm a princess.

"Why do we need to learn French?" My best friend, Livvy says. "Like, I'm not planning on using it in the future."

Livvy is the only person that knows about my ability to transport into books. Sometime last year I wanted her to tell me what I'm like when I'm in the book but I accidentally brought her in with me, so once in a while she joins me so we can have some fun.

"What if you go to Paris or something? I remember you talking about us going there when we're older."

"I thought that tour guides and hosts can speak English."

"Well yeah, but other people don't."

"Then I won't talk to them."

I laugh and return to my math.

"Two plus two doesn't equal seven, Bri." Livvy says laughing looking at my work.

***

"Have you started any books lately?" Livvy asks me while we're walking home.

"Yeah. Want to come over and join me?" I reply bumping her shoulder with mine.

"Well, how could I say no?" She says smiling.