Chapter 8

Bri's POV

Me and Kai have been traveling to the village for two days now. We would have been there two days ago if Kai didn't get our directions wrong.

We're walking through the forest when I see a bush of berries. I run over to them and pick a few. "Are these edible?" I ask.

Kai walks over to the bush and examines the berries. "Blueberries," he says, popping one in his mouth.

Livvy's POV

"Have some bread," Adelyn says to me, "you look hungry."

I grab a piece of her bread and eat it. I smile. Delicious. We sit in the dining hall of a village named, Orea. We arrived yesterday morning and were greeted by hunters who gave us the deer they killed earlier and surprisingly it was really good. I had two servings.

I get out of my seat and leave the dining hall.

"Hey," I greet the day guard, Klad.

I've been coming to the main gate at least twice every hour to see if they've seen or heard from Bri. Her body wasn't found at the castle so I know she got out. She's strong.

"No sign of your friend yet," Klad says sadly.

I walk back to the building and grab Adelyn's arm. "Can I talk to you?" I ask.

"Sure," she says following me outside.

"I want to form a rescue team or something for the prince and Bri."

"A rescue team?" She asks confused.

"Yeah. A few of us go out and look for them."

"But what will we do at night? It's to dangerous."

"Then we bring weapons." I say, "I want to find Bri."