Chapter 7

Bri's Moms POV

"The doctor told me that the girls heart rates have gone up massively in the past hour." Olivia's mom, Marisa, explains to me.

I sigh and turn to look out the window. I don't understand what happened to them.

Bri's POV

I sit in a field with the prince eating raspberries we found in a bush. I look at the sky to my left and see smoke still coming from the castle.

"We should get moving soon if we want to make it to the closest village before sundown." The prince says to me.

I nod and get up. "You never told me your name." I say, brushing dirt off of my pants.

"Kai."

We walk through the forest for what feels like hours when I hear a twig snap.

I twirl around. "What was that?" I ask him.

"Probably just one of us stepping on a stick."

I'm about to turn back around when I see a small, hairy man wearing armour running towards him. "Behind you!" I yell.

He turns around and pulls out his dagger. The prince throws the dagger and it bounces of the armour. I pull my bow off my shoulder and shoot at the small man but miss.

"Damn." I mutter under my breath.

I pull out another arrow and shoot, this time hitting him in the neck. The small man looks at me, then falls over.

"What was that?" I call to the prince who is picking up his lost dagger.

"A dwarf." He says back.

Livvy's POV

"Where are we going?" A fifteen year old girl I now know by the name, Adelyn, asks Elizabeth.

"We're going to Orea. It's the closet village to where we are now."

We step out of the forest and into a field, when I notice a body laying on the ground. I scream. The man laying on the ground is small and very hairy with an arrow in his neck.

"Dwarves smell so bad!" Adelyn says, plugging her nose.