Chapter 9

Bri's POV

"How much longer?" I whine to Kai.

"Only 12 hours," he answers.

I groan and pull out the canteen of water from my bag.

Livvy's POV

Me, Adelyn and three other people are walking together through the forest looking for Bri. We left Orea 10 hours ago and have been walking the way we came to find them if they're in their way to village.

"Are we going back to the castle?" One of the girls ask me.

"No," I reply, "we're not only going half way and if we don't find them we turn back"

The girl nods and we continue walking when all of a sudden I hear a roar.

I look up, "did you hear that?" I ask.

All three of the girls nod. "I think it's a-" Adelyn starts to say when a dragon flys over us. "Get down!" She says.

We all run and hid behind a bush, watching the dragon fly in circles over us.

What's it doing? Does it see us? The dragon roars again then flies away and I sigh in relief.

Bri's POV

"Stop," Kai says, "do you hear that?"

I listen and seconds later I hear a roar

"Dragon," he says.

The dragon flies over us and Kai sighs and I do too. It didn't see us, but then it turns around and flies back where we are.

"I think it sees us," I say starting to back up while the dragon is circling around us.

"Pass me your bow."

I hand Kai my bow and he shoots the dragon in the chest. The dragon roars again then flies away.

"Baby dragons are more sensitive," Kai says, handing me back my bow.

That was a baby? That thing was the size of the White House!

We continue walking through the forest when I hear screams coming from somewhere in front of us. Me and Kai look at each other at the same time and start running. I see people up ahead fighting dwarves, I see Livvy. I start running faster and I finally reach them.

"Bri!" Livvy yells to me excitedly but scared.

I'm about to walk to her when I see a dwarf running up behind her. "Livvy!" I scream. But it's too late, the dwarf pulls the sword off his back and puts it through Livvys back. My vision goes black.