chapter 18 ✦ taken back

I lazily opened my eyes and instantly heard rustling in the trees. I squinted my eyes as I sat up a little bit. Neal was squatted down near an empty fire pit. Henry was still lying down on the ground, unconscious. I heard Neal smile and a voice came booming from the trees.

"You were so close to finding them." Peter came out of the tree line with the Lost Boys behind him. I quickly, laid back and watched what was happening. He had a scolding expression on his face as he approached Neal. "I'm disappointed. I thought I taught you better. Never break in somewhere unless you know the way out." I see Felix pick up Henry and pile him on his shoulder.

"I'll remember that for next time." Neal proudly said.

"Oh, there isn't going to be a next time," Peter promised, glaring at Neal. "But, don't blame yourself. Your father could've protected you out here, sure but who would've protected Henry from him?" He rose his eyebrow, pointing at Henry. It was silent for a minute until I saw Peter smirk. "Talk about a rock in a hard place."

"I will get my son back, no matter what it takes," Neal said, stepping closer to Peter.

"You're not getting it." Peter laughed. "That's not the problem. You got him." He pointed at Neal. "And I got him back." He pointed to himself. "It's the game!" He exclaimed with glee. "Oh, my boy. The real problem for you is that there is no escaping Neverland." He whispered to Neal. "No one gets off this island without my permission." He pointed to himself again and clenched his jaw. Neal smiled.

"I've done it before." Neal chuckled with a grin.

"Did you?" Peter asked, giving him a fake confused face, which was obviously sarcastic. He took a step back and looked at Neal from his feet to his head. He smiled. "Look where you are now. It's like you never left." He chuckled. Neal's eyebrows furrowed together with confusion.

"Are you saying you let me go?" He asked Peter.

"I'm saying everyone's where I want them," Peter smirked. A low sound was heard and I saw Henry stirring in his sleep. Peter's head snapped to Henry and then, back to Neal. "Something to chew on." He threatened. "You know where to take him!" He raised his voice and the Lost Boys grabbed Neal's arms, jerking him back towards the other trail that was on the other side of camp.

"No!" Neal shouted, trying to pry himself from the boys' grip.

"Henry!"

"Don't worry, it won't be for very long!" Peter called to him as the boys dragged Neal away. "Just until I reset the board. You see the game's about to change!" Peter turned his back and started to walk towards me. I closed my eyes before Peter could look at me. I felt myself being picked up into someone's arms and I knew they were Peter's. He lifted me bridal style. I felt a kiss being pressed to the top of my head and I relaxed in his embrace. I pretend to be tired as I opened my eyes.

"Peter." I whispered and he smiled down at me.

"I'm here, Riles," He said in a loving tone.

"Where am I?" I asked him, looking up. I saw that we were already at camp. He carried him into his tent and laid me down on his cot. He started to stroke my hair and my forehead. I smiled at him, grabbing his hand and intertwining his fingers with mine.

"We're at camp. I got you back, don't worry. I'll never let anyone take you from me again." He promised and leaned down, planting a kiss on my lips. He pulled away and laid down next to me. He brought me closer to his chest and he wrapped his arms, securely around my body. I began to drift off and the last thing I heard was Peter saying, "The game just got interesting."