chapter 3 ✦ an ex-fairy

I entered my tent to see someone leaning against my desk. The figure came out of the shadows and revealed someone I hated even more than Pan. Tinkerbell.

"What are you doing here?" I hissed, crossing my arms over my chest and glaring at her.

"I need something from you." The ex-fairy insisted, looking through my things.

"What exactly gives you the audacity to come into my camp and look through my stuff?" I stormed over to her and grabbed her arm, shooing her out.

"Please, Riley. I'm trying to help you." She rip her arm out from my grasp, going back to her spot where my stuff was.

"I don't want your help!" I yelled. She ignored me as she looked through the chest at the foot of my bed. I groaned at Tink.

"That." She pointed to my neck. I looked down at my neck to see my mother's necklace.

"NO." I barked, tucking it under my sheet. "Get out!"

"Why? I want to help you." She persisted.

"Out!" I repeated, pointing to the door.

"I want to enchanted it for you." She argued, trying to rip it from my neck but, I pushed her away. "Riley, your father is here on Neverland."

"You want him to find me." I finished, whispering softly but loud enough for her to hear. She nodded. "Fly away." I snarled, suddenly.

"It's for your own good." She blurted. I held my hand up and her hands went up to her neck. I chuckled, choking her with my magic.

"Guess what, Tink? I'm not looking for a family reunion at the moment." I sweetly said, lifting her off of the ground. Her face started to turn purple as I brought my fingers closer together. I walked towards her and got close in her face. "Get out." I snapped, dropping her. She coughed hysterically, laying on the ground. She finally picked herself up and running out of the tent with tears in her eyes. I didn't feel bad or guilty. Those feelings washed away years ago. He's here. I unleashed my sword and plopping down on my bed, examining it. I stared at my reflection in my metal of the sword. I will kill him if I have to. I shook my head from the thoughts and putting my sword back. I ran out of my tent and went into the jungle. I got tired and leaned against a tree. I put my hand up on it and started to breath in and out, heavily. I shakily put my head up at the feeling of a presence.

"Fly away moth! Leave me alone." I sneered out, thinking Tinkerbell was behind me.

"I want my boys back." His voice snickered. I froze, smirking. I whipped around, hovering my hand over my sword.

"No can do. You'll have to go through me and we both know you can't kill me." I denied him. He walked over to me, getting a few inches from my face.

"I can't kill you but, I can hurt you." He threatened. I could feel his breath on my face as he spoke.

"I'd like to see you try." I taunted, scoffing at the idea. Suddenly, I was pushed back by a burning pain in my arm. I saw blood trickling down my arm. He cut me. I smiled up at Pan.

"How'd that feel?" He asked. I waved my hand over my cut, the magic illuming in my palm. The cut disappeared and I glared back up at him.

"Like a tickle." I confessed, kicking him against a tree, whipping my weapon out and pressing it against my neck.

"How'd that feel?" I mocked him. I could feel him, staring into my eyes. I closed my eyes, releasing him. "Beat by a girl." I smiled, going back to camp.