chapter 22 ✦ blinding love

I slumped against a tree that was at the edge of camp, sharpening a stick with my blade. I looked forward, seeing a pair of feet in front of me. I trailed up the person's body to meet the eyes of Peter Pan. He had a cheerful look on his face that almost looked fake.

"Follow me," He held his hand out and I looked at it. I took it and he pulled me up. I finally got to my feet and he let go of my hand, dashing to the path. I started to run after him and I heard his laugh echo in the trees. I stopped when I saw his figure standing still at the beginning of a clearing. I gasped with my mouth open. Trees and vines surrounded the clearing with flowers hanging on them. They lit up with different colors that brightened the clearing up so that it wasn't dark. I walked into the grass and wandered around in awe.

"Why are we here?" I asked Peter, spinning around to face him. He took a step forward, peering down at me with his piercing green eyes. He reached into his pants pocket and pulled out a vile of something that glowed green. He grabbed my hand, gently and placed it in my hand.

"This is the last of the dust from the last pixie flower. I trust you with it because I think..." Peter paused, looking down at his feet. He grinned a little bit, staring at the ground still. "I think I love you..." Shit! I stood, silent and didn't say anything.

"I love you too." I spoke and hugged him, putting my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes. His arms wrapped around me and held me, tightly. My heart throbbed and I couldn't help but feel like I actually did love him. I failed Emma and the others. I wasn't supposed to fall for him, only him fall for me. I felt my chin being lifted and I opened my eyes to Peter. He leaned down and pressed his lips to mine. I kissed back, hungrily and he cupped my face in his hands. I brought my fingers up to his neck and pulled him closer to me. I knew this wouldn't last forever because hell was coming my way.